Podium Racing Wheel F1 for PS4 Locking Up in Game

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone's come across this issue before and found a solution. I'm using a PS4 Pro and I bought the Podium Racing Wheel F1 bundle and ClubSport Pedals V3. When playing 'compatible' games such as F1 2020, GT Sport and Project Cars 2, within five or ten minutes of being connected to my PS4 Pro the Fanatec system stops working, whether within a game or just within the PS4 platform.

If using the wheel during a racing game when the system locks up it just stays on current settings (i.e. percentage of throttle being applied stays on and whatever turning angle rather than returning to zero).  So the result of this is that the vehicle being driven just carries on and ploughs into a barrier as opposed to slowing down and coming to a standstill.

I read on the website to use “PS4 Comp” for Project Cars 2 but same result. I then tried this mode for the others games with the same outcome also.

I have updated the Firmware for the system to the 381 build currently supplied on the website but alas, this did not solve anything.

I also have an older PS4 which I tried GT Sport on but got the same result.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's very annoying.

Comments

• It's possible that the USB went into sleep mode due to inactivity from PS4 controller.

• Have you just installed DRIVER 381 or did you also update the firmware of each fanatec device? 381 is the driver, not the firmware.

• Chris PottsChris Potts Member
    edited January 2021

Hi Austen,

Thanks for your reply. Can't find a setting on the PS4 directly relating to ports turning off or not. I have the controllers set to never turning off thought the "(Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off]" part if that's what you mean?

I was also running previously a Logitech G29 with no issues, whether what you refer to would have manifested itself in the same way with this wheel i'm not sure?

If there's another setting do let me know. Thanks.

• Hi Sascha,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I updated the firmware through the prompts when the software loads up. The update currently on my setup via the wheel display are WHEEL BASE 680, MOT CON 40, ST WHEEL 38. If there's something I'm missing do let me know. Thanks.

• Anybody find a fix?

My podium dd1 f1 out of nowhere has started locking up like this out of no where