CSL Elite P1 wheel not staying tight

I just bought a Fanatec setup. CSL Elite base and P1 steering wheel. So I do not have the quick release. I have tighten the allen bolt that holds the wheel on several times but it keeps coming loose. Instructions say to not over tighten and use only the short end of the allen key. Is this common should I be doing something else?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Are you making sure the holes from Wheel and Shaft are aligned so the fixation screw is going into the holes correctly?

• Yup, I would double check that. I found it seems like it snug, but it's not going through all the holes.

• Yes it is going through the cage on the wheel and into the wheel base. I can see the cage flatten out as I tighten. For obvious reasons I do not want to put thread locker on it. I might try a lock washer.

• I'm having the same problem with my new P1 connected to my new CSW v2.5. Is this just an annoying little problem we have to live with until we upgrade to a wheel with quick release?! I'm currently keeping the allen key nearby and checking the tightness of the screw every few races and tightening when necessary.

• Just for the record, my CSL elite P1 and CSW 2.5 are also having the same issues. I tighten the allen head bolt to snug (not overtight) the band clamp is definitely compressing and the bolt goes through the collar for the wheelbase, After 2 or 3 races, the bolt is so loose that I can tighten it at least a turn by hand.

I'm making sure that every 2 races I check the tightness, but we're talking 15 minutes total drive time here, What happens when I want to start doing some endurance races? Pit and tighten the wheel? Seems this shouldn't be happening to higher end products such as these. Fanatec? Solution? Beuller? Anyone? Beuller?

• I have the exact same problem. New P1 steeringwheel with new clubsport 2.5 wheelbase and the bolt comes loose after only a few laps even. This is very worrying to say the least. Clearly this is not supposed to happen let alone the fact good money was paid for what is considered to be high quality material.

If Fanatec support could please answer to this problem with a workable solution it would be greatly appreciated.

• Ok never mind i think i solved the issue without having to use something like a washer or loctite or anything. Every few laps i would tighten the bolt again until it didn't need any further adjustment. So after tightening the loosened bolt a couple of times it now sits firm and doesn't come loose anymore.