Maximum break pressure broken

edited January 10 in Pedals

I've been using the Clubsport V3 for a month now and everything was great. Today however after starting it up again I kept locking up the breaks on the slightest touch. The break pressure indicator in iRacing clearly indicated that the break sensitivity had changed. Changing the calibration in iRacing didn't change a thing so I went to the Fanatec settings to set the maximum breaking pressure.

However, every time I press the break pedal real hard and click "set max" it doesn't really set the max to the current pressure. When I slowly release the break it stays at max and it only starts going down from a 100% at a couple kilos of force. Setting the max to somewhere below the current maximum does work however. The pedals are plugged into my Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5. I have tried reinstalling the driver and downgrading/upgrading the driver/firmware but it doesn't help. I also tried connecting the pedals to the PC directly using the included USB cable. With a direct USB connection everything works fine and I can access the full range of the load cell.

Has anyone else had similar issues when connecting through the wheelbase?

EDIT: tried different computer and reseating the cable between pedals & wheelbase but the issue remains.

Comments

  • What is the BRF?

  • edited January 11

    50%

    Does the brakeforce impact the indicator in the USB game controller property panel? I assumed the indicator shows directly what is coming out of the hardware before any processing.

  • edited January 11

    BRF is break force and shows IF I am not mistaken, how much pressure it is calculating when pressing the pedal. So for example if at 100% = 95 kg when set at 50% the you need to press only with half of the strength to reach to 95kg of pressure.

    So I am manually calibrating min and max and the adjusting on top the BRF (keep in mind that 95kg is a lot of force on one leg)

    Again pointing out that the above is to my understanding and might be wrong here.

  • edited January 11

    I tried out setting the break force to a 100% and it does seem to help. I'm pretty sure it doesn't go to 95kg like when connecting with USB cable (I can't get 95kg even if I push as hard as I can) but at least it's workable now.

    I suspect there is some hardware failure causing the signal to be lower than it is should be. But at least I should be able to drive F3 in iRacing again without spinning every time I touch the breaks.

  • edited January 11


    Yes, I've been using that feature since I've got the pedals. When I first installed them I was only able to get to like 25% pressure.

    If I press as hard as I can, click "set max" and then slowly release the pedal it just sticks to 100% until I'm at, what I would describe as, medium pressure (probably around 5kg to 10kg). With a 100% break force it seems to get better (I almost can't reach max) but if it's twice as much as what I had before then it's certainly not 95kg. When I connected with the USB connection I was able to get the full scale (pushing as hard as I possible can; not close to max).

  • edited January 12

    95kg is an example cause I am using the 95kg rubber on my set.

    seems like you have set minimum and max while your brake force is set to less %. Try to set min max with BRF around 80% and then take it from there for minor adjustments (higher or lower) on the BRF always based on the rubber you are using on the loadcell.

    Maybe this will help.

Sign In or Register to comment.