Is Brake Perfomance Kit worth to fanatec V3 pedal brake

Hello

I have a problem with my brake. After long time I decided to buy BPK because my braking in Iracing and feel of the pedal was terrible experience. Is that kit improve a lot the braking and feel? I hope my lap times would be much better on qualify and race distance.

Comments

• I'm sure everyone will tell you yes, BPK is a must. I'm the black sheep with the dampers on both brake and throttle.

I had the BPK + damper and I didn't like it, so I gave my BPK away.

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited January 2021

Everybody likes something else. I tried dampers on both pedals, plus use the BPK.

But in the end only kept using BPK to make the pedal feel a bit firmer.

I didn’t like the damper at all, not on the brake and not on the gas pedal. So I removed that one. I used a firmer setup on the brake pedal with I believe a green and a red rubber. Myself I didn’t liked the feel of the stock rubbers, for me they were to soft and to much travel.

I found the damper was just making the brake or gas pedal to react slower the higher the damper setting. Plus if you are already using a firm setup on the brake pedal the damper doesn’t do a lot, because travel is already limited. Damper mostly has some impact if you drive with a reasonable amount of travel like for example with the stock rubbers.

But I was already used to a firmer brake pedal because I used the CSL LC pedals already for a year. These pedals are as standard a bit firmer then the default setting of the V3’s.

In the end it’s also getting used with something new. You can’t really except that if you used the V3’s standard for a few years, you buy the BPK and you instantly are quicker it will take time.

• I am moving from toy-like MadCatz MC Wheel and pedals I bought at GameStop with the XBox 360 many years ago, to Club Sport wheel base and V3 pedals. I did not order the BPK or damper on my initial order.

I figure, going from something that has zero feel and zero firmness, to the stock V3s will be life changing. ;)

• And, yet, I just ordered the tuning kit. lol

• I think those stiffer rubbers (green ones) should come with V3 pedals without no extra fee.

There´s no need for nice box with several rubbers, bulk pack those green ones and put extra 5eur for price if it´s must (from China you can get kg with 5eur).

• I got my V3 pedals yesterday I was super impressed fed ex messed up and put my performance kit on a different truck I got it today I installed it wow what a difference I picked up about 1s a lap and I’m not even used to them yet and you can adjust the throw on the throttle I made mine a lot shorter also seemed to help me pick up time now I just need a damper for my gas pedal because over time the spring all wear out the hydraulic piston won’t little slow on shipping atm because there located in LA the worst hit part of the US by covid so if your waiting on your order don’t fret you will get it, think the next thing on my list is to get a PS DD wheel and then sell my CSL Bundle but as far as quality goes you can’t beat fanatec hands down IMHO load cell brakes definitely make you faster no lag like with a potentiometer based brake like the csl brakes if you can afford it and wanna get faster the V3’s are a must, I’ve heard the add on load cell for the CSL pedals is ok but the V3’s are far better