V3 brake pedal loadcell easy to max

Hello

I have a question about if their are other people that also hitting the max on their brake with brf at 100 % . Using the bp kit with the hardest greens .

They are manually callibrated with pressuring as hard as i can . I'm using a f1 style cockpit and i have build it with zero flex (I'm braking with my full leg not with the hinch of my foot only ) in my cockpit and i am getting the 95kg loadcell when i pres 'hard' ( like the force i use in my real car if i would brake really hard ) fearaly easy to its max . Also in iracing i had that when i fully and quickly pressed the brake i would fluctuat with getting to max and then would lower without releasing presure , but with the newest firmware update for the pedals that issue looks solved .

I wonna now because i think i pres harder then 95kg and then i need a set of loadcell pedals that goes higer then so much killo's . Because when i'm really into the heat in a race i sometimes lock up because i natrually pres that hard . I need some input from other people so i can decide to look for other pedals or maby something is wrong with my loadcell . If other people really can't reach max with brf on 100 i'm more willing to believe my loadcell has lost his strength .

Sorry for the bad english its not my language

Thanks !

Comments

• To get the V3’s at max load you only have to press about 35 to 40kg. The load cell is 90kg but that doesn’t mean the pressure needed is de same. Fanatec doesn’t specify real force needed on the brake pedal.

But also good to check your BrF setting when connected to a Fanatec base or check the settings bar next to the brake pedal bar in the driver when connected via USB.Maybe there you still nog on the max and have some room to increase pressure needed. If in both case you are already at 100% not a lot you can do then try to adjust how hard you press. Or buy Some HE Sprint with 65kg of real max force or even HE Ultimates with 120kg on the pedal.

Check this video to understand how load cells work in a pedal:

• Actually I already looked in to my v3 brake pedal for a while... The load cell shaft is about half way. Which means that you have to apply 45Kg to the pedal and the force applied in the load cell is 90Kg.

The pedal have other holes in a higher position. So if we change the load cell shaft to a higher position, we should have to apply more force to the pedal so the load cell would read up to 90Kg, right?

Maybe, changing this would make the Breke Force tunning usefull. I always use it at 100%... otherwise I lock the wheels very easily. And I drive only with socks... :-P

• I drive with socks to :p . I think i will have to save some cash for a set of sprint pedals then .. fanatec needs to make a set of v4's with 65kg of pressure or more or a loadcell upgrade for the v3's . Race cars pedal's are really stiff and the precision is in putting in hard force . With the v3's i'm lossing time ingame because when you brake fast you use more force . When i use more force by braking late and fast i max out now and then . It a shame because the Quality of the pedals are really really great and i think fanatec loses a lot of pedal buyers to Heusinkveld . If they add a stronger loadcel unit with bigger and stiffer rubbers and a higher loadcell and stay under the price of heusinkveld they would'nt lose customers on the pedal units

• My son and I were having a similar issue after removing the 'crunchy' feeling damper kit. We installed the performance kit with the 12 and 13 green load cells, adjusted the travel dial to remove a slight mechanical slack then calibrated them using the Fanatec properties settings. The V3 was connected to the 2.5 wheel base using the RJ12 cable. I thought to swap to the USB cable and check calibration there, huge difference in performance! works as it should until I reconnect to wheel base.... then instant lock-ups again... also loses the vibration motor functionality in some games (Assetto, Froza 4). I am going to try putting the RJ12 cable back in and reconnect to base again today and paly around with BRF settings - I typically have that on Lo. (or off) and read that it may be the cure.

• I have a pair of V3 pedals (actually 2 sets) and it appears Fanatec no longer sells the loadcells for them. Why? Where do I get one? The V3 that I need the loadcell for seems to go right threw them. When I got the last one from Fanatec it quit working a couple days after I installed it.