Multiple Issues with Forza, Assetto Corsa etc

Hi- I tried to search for the answer but nothing seemed to fit. Frustration is a 10:10 with this gear. If you are thinking of getting it and have read about the issues folks are having don't be stupid like me and ignore it because of the big deal company name. Sorry to be rude but ultimately paying this much money for something that doesn't work or even one that you have to spend a lot of time adjusting is not ok.

New CSW 2.5- I have updated the driver and firmware. I have tried many different FFB settings and many things I have found here and other places to remedy the issues

Issues

1. On PC version of Forza 7 I try to bind the pedals, wheel etc to the various 'nodes' on the steering wheel but it never stays on the CSW 2.5 when I go back to that setting screen it is some random setting.
  2. In Assetto Corsa and Forza on PC and Project Cars 3 on Xbox Series X- When steering around a track trying to hit the apexes there is a wide variety of issues. For example, it will get real 'notchy' as in it no longer feels like a smooth steering wheel but like it is a notched belt with each rise and low spot on the cog being an inch wide. I know that is not the case but it is what it feels like. If can manage to get some speed on a track and trail brake, into a turn, release brakes and try to hit the apex, the wheel suddenly has the accuracy similar to a steering wheel on a sail boat. Then sometimes on straights or turns it reminds me of steering an old Plymouth where you turn wheel to left or right and nothing happens then suddenly everything happens.
  3. Without changing FFB settings it feels as though the FFB changes every minute or so.
  4. The wheel won't really stay centered even if I got through the process to re-set.
  5. Sometimes a small 'delicate' correction with the wheel will shoot me off a track and sometimes a large correction does very little.

It just feels like I have gone backwards from my Thrustmaster. I am really frustrated that I have to continuously faff around with it trying different things and nothing works. November of last year I had decided I was going to really get in to Sim racing. I got a Next Level GTA cockpit, both motion systems and a very expensive gaming PC because I don't have the time to build one- Anyhow, I have spent a lot of money (close to 17K) in hopes of having my new shiny Fanatec gear, that I have wanted for a long time as the center piece. I rad so many others having weird issues and bugs etc. Maybe I don't have the patience needed and maybe it was wrong of me to assume that you hook it up, update, and use generally the same FFB you use or at least the same FFB that seem to work for others.

I can't post the settings I am using because I have tried so many and some are slightly better than the other but no matter what I do it seems to either make something else worse or other things.

To me the big deal is lack of accuracy- For the money I paid for the wheel, base and pedals, I could probably buy a beater Plymouth that emulates the same vague and inaccurate steering as my CSW 2.5.

Sorry i am super frustrated I work a lot of hours now here at home alone in a high stress job and I just wanted to expand on a hobby, spent the money and the hour or 2 free time I have I spend going 1/4 way down a track and it is just crappy and not working properly. So I adjust and move things around make a note of it and go back and it is marginally different but not better. And because I am stubborn and would try to fix it, get mad and avoid it for a week. I am guessing I missed my return period. I'll go back to the Thrustmaster and stick this paperweight in the store room.

The throttle is good on the LC pedals I have but the brake everyone raves about seems vague and inconsistent. So at least I have a good throttle pedal. When I was thinking of buying this I read about the problems people were having and I thought oh can't be that bad I am good with this stuff I can figure it out but either I can't or this one is just bad. So part of the reason for writing this out is if someone is on the fence and they think wow I am going to try another system this one seems to fail a lot- listen to that inner voice that says just because they have a big deal name in the space doesn't mean it is good gear.

Sorry for the whining I just am extremely discouraged and so mad it it right now- Would reinstalling the drivers and firmware etc possibly make a difference? It is super weird to me that it won't stay centered-

Comments

• It sounds like you may have a lose belt. You may try YouTube to see if there is a calibration or way to tighten.

• Also the design of the load cell location in the elite pedals is crap. You have to keep your foot placed towards the top of the pedal to get it to work properly because of the location of the LC in the arm instead of under the spring like all of their other LC brakes. The CSL Elite petals drove me so crazy I just bit the bullet and ordered the club sport V3 pedals. I’m sure this is probably Fanatec’s plan to get people to spend more money!