crack noises Fanatec Podium DD1

Thank you for your help

Comments

• at 28 degrees driver temperature this noise only comes when turning right can someone help me please. the base is up to date. Thank you

• Did this just start? Or is the DD1 new and this is your first start up? have you tried another wheel/rim?

• hello gary the base is 5 months old. unfortunately I only have one wheel. the base didn't do that before. and whenever the driver is 28 degrees.

• I can drive for about 1 hour then it starts to crack. at about 90 degrees steering angle

• Hi Stefan, maybe a few more informations:

• Driver Version:
    • Base FW Version:
    • Motor FW Version:

Does the noise come directly from the wheelbase or from the steering wheel? Or maybe even the rig?

Did you try to erase the motor calibration and recalibrate?

• so i can say that it comes from the base. my rig is excluded. I put the latest drivers on it 2 days ago

• Florian LichtFlorian Licht Member
    edited January 2021

I would try the motor sensor calibration again.

Important to Erase first and then calibrate.

Also make sure that the steering wheel is fully connected to the wheel base, tighten the screw correctly.

If that doesn't help you should open an support ticket from Fanatec, because that noise is not normal.

I guess If it's bricked (or on it's way to be bricked) they will repair or replace it.

• Many thanks for the help. I'll try it out right now ✌

• i did the calibration. but the problem remains the same

• Ok you should open an support ticket, should be solved with the warranty

• Can you try the same holding the QR in place?

Sometimes I get random clicks but is from the QR.

Also maybe a plastic from the Universal hub.

Never the less contact support as well.

• Yeah I would also say it sounds more like coming from the quickrelease or steeringwheel, it's hard to tell from the video.

Could you make another video filming from the side a little bit more far away, so we can see the whole base and steeringwheel, while the cracks appear?

• hello Florian I have already dismantled the base. and will send the base with hub to fanatec. and then see what's going on.

• Alright, should be the best option, when a cracking noise comes from the base it's never a good sign.

Good luck with the repaired or changed base!

• did you loosen and retightened the screws on your Porsche wheel? I had similar noises once because the screws were too tight on the rim and BME.

• I get some creaking and cracking noises on my DD2 now with it's replacement shaft - didn't get any noise with the original one. It seems just to be due to slight movement of the QR on the shaft - the infamous flex. I don't think its an issue and it was helped by application of some silicone lubricant - barely noticeable now.

• did you check if the ring around the shaft is properly tightened? The flex most of the users are talking about is coming from the QR and rubber, not the shaft itself.

• Im talking about the motor shaft, the silver part which is hold in place by the black ring with two screws. Did you check those screws?

The QR and the Rubber are a seperate part of the assembly ;)

• Ah - you were talking about the motor shaft rather than the QR shaft! My motor shaft was not replaced for the avoidance of doubt - the QR shaft - or assembly if you prefer, was. But everything is tight - I explained earlier what was causing my noises and how I resolved the issue.

• hi Guys. everything is firmly tightened. it's a bit tricky to really figure out where the sound is coming from. i notice the cracking on the wheel too

• Tony PENALVATony PENALVA Member
    edited January 2021

Hello i have this problèm look and i find the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEibdZbp8No&feature=youtu.be

Is wheel for me not base , look picture is connect wheel , just turn plastic part is the spring inside the plastic make this sound , juste deconnect wheell turn plastic part and normaly its ok ^^

• Did this get resolved? I'm having exactly the same issue. Also on a hard right hander, cracking noise.

Not sure if it's coming from the base, the QR or the wheel.