DD1 Mount for Next Level Racing GT Track

The mount on the GT Track only allows the wheel base to mount flat. Does anyone know of a mount I could use to provide a 10 to 20 degree angle on this rig?

Comments

• edited January 2021

I have same base and rig.

Actually it´s not flat when at last adjustment hole, maby something like 5 degrees.

What´s benefit of bigger angle?

If you think angle of your wrist, with bigger base angle there will be bigger angle also to wrist which I think is not so comfortable.

But I have thought same thing.

If you look Sim Racing Garage review of NLR GTtrack there is mount which make possible adjust bigger angle, but for Fanatec DD-base you need different mounting places. DIY is one solution.

Track Racer sells this kind of mount, which could give some idea for DIY project:

• Thanks for the feedback Marko. I measured my NLR mounting plate and the angle is less than 1° or basically level. I have a triple screen setup using 32" displays. I would like to have the center of the displays at my eye level. To achieve displays at my eye level, I need to position the displays behind the DD1 wheelbase. This makes the displays ~810mm from my eye. This is further than I would like.

My thought was to lower the NLR mounting plate and install an angle adjustable mounting plate like you have shared. By changing the wheelbase angle slightly I was hoping I could position the displays on top of the DD1 wheelbase and still have the center of displays at or near my eye level.

I agree the wrist angle is important. By lowering the wheelbase, I think a comfortable angle can be achieved.

• Okay, I see.

There should be more adjust for base, also direct forward/backward would be nice.

More angle would be easy to make, just different kind of metal plate to sides of desk.

I planned drill few extra holes, but that give just few degrees more so would not help your project.

I have this kind of setup:

• Thanks again for the feedback. Looks like you have a very nice setup.

Interesting ideas on adding holes to the deck.

Below is my setup.

• Very nice also 😊

Now it´s easy to understand your problem.

Let us know what ever solution You find for get more angle to base.

That Track Racer´s mounting looks like it don´t give much more degrees either.

btw, adding Motion Platform V3 under seat raised hight 6 inches so there could be issue with pedal placement for shorter guys...however adding aluminium profile for both sides under pedals is easy to make.

That´s also something what NLR should think about.

• Drilled few extra holes and no need for extra mounting system to get more angle.

Drilling 8mm holes side by side is little difficult just by hand.

Angle depends where you place holes, so maby at first drill upper hole and put it on place and adjust right angle for desk, then mark place of lower hole from inside of rig.

I didn´t do that, just measured 36mm between upper and lower holes and then placed 8mm holes 7mm from each other (fourth hole was useless)

Project took less than hour 😉

• Marko, you are the man! Nice work. I see a project for this weekend. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

• Nice if I could help You 😉

Contacted also NLR that they could drill those holes already at factory.

Other "problem" is when you attach Motion Platform V3, it raised seat by 6 inches and for shorter people pedals are at too low. So something also for that would be nice.

(However DIY pedal raise is easy to make)