Steering feels dampend and grainy after spinning out

Hi guys, I have a strange issue in iRacing.

When I'm driving and my car spins out (without crashing), my steering feels a lot more heavier/dampend and it also has a grainy feel to it. It's like somebody put thick grease and coffee ground in my wheelbase...

When I turn of my DD2 and power it back on while waiting on the track, the feeling is gone and everything is back to normal.

I've also had this happen during qualify and I didn't reset the wheelbase because it was at the end. When I went into the race, the dampend and grainy feel was still there.

When I jiggle the wheel left and right in iRacing when this happens, I see the FFB graph is going to about 2/3 of the clipping FFB bar. After resetting the wheelbase (power off and on), the FFB graph is going to about 1/3th of the bar. So because of this I'm thinking it might be an iRacing issue, but I'm not sure.

At first it thought it was some kind of damage, but since the effect didn't go away when going from qualify to the race session, it think it's either related to some kind of issue in iRacing or maybe the Fanatec drivers? It also happens on multiple cars and only after spinning. As long as I don't spin everything stays fine. Also a slight drift is not an issue.

I hope somebody has experienced this before and has a solution.

Comments

• edited January 2021

That's a game issue. The Game sometimes triggers the DPR channel when you crashed or just spin out.

Disable DPR in the Tuning Menu and this issue is fixed once and for all until iRacing fixed it.

• Thanks Maurice, I was thinking it was a game issue because the FFB meter inside iRacing showed different values. If it was an issue on Fanatecs side, I guess it wouldn't see that on the ingame FFB signal meter.

But I've updated to 399 this weekend and it seemed worse since then. But I also started driving another track since the weekend, so that could be also it.

I will try to disable DPR and see if that helps. Will this have an influence on the steering in general of the car?

• I had this a few times on rFactor2, I don't have iRacing but guess it's a similar bug. Like you say, wheel off and on and it was ok again.

RF2 is the only sim that triggered this sensation for me and generally after a crash or quick change of direction. I thought my wheel base had gone faulty when it happened! Sure you felt the same at first.

• Hi Maurice, I just wanted to say thank you since your solution solved the issue.

Yesterday evening the issue came back and instead of restarting my wheelbase, I set DPR to 0 and it felt normal again. Everything else felt the same, so I put DPR to 0 in my profile so I can race without issues :-)