DD2 jolts on default screen

Hi,

So far everywhere is stated that if someone use other than default screen (fanatec logo) it may have jolts during driving.

I am always using the default screen (fanatec logo) and have these jolts pretty often, almost every session. That is why I open this topic.

I have my DD2 since march 2020 and initially I used it with bmw clubsport rim, and at that time, if I remember correctly, I used driver 356 (and it's firmwares), and did not have jolts. Then 2020-08 I bought porsche podium kit and upgraded to 373 drivers, and I am curtain that jolts are happening since then. This may be coincidence - i mean upgrade to porsche podium rim and upgrade to drivers. And I install each new version (373,380,381,399) and jolts happen even more often.

My questions:

Is it possible that these jolts are actually a hardware problem?

Is there someone who has this issue - jolts when using default fanatec logo screen?

Comments

• Are you using FanaLabs? Make sure you have ITM turned off for the Game Profile (I believe you need to restart the device after applying). I noticed the same jolts and that seemed to fix my issue

• Jolts should not happen if you have ITM active in Fanalab, but don't use it on the base.

• edited January 2021

Maybe an idea to switch back to the old driver / firmware combo to rule out the hardware part?

• edited January 2021

My fist time jolt happened was in early august, but that was single case. Back than I was not using Fanalab at all. I started to use Fanalab when I got my porsche podium gt3 wheel - end of august early september. And since then jolts happen more often. I dont know if it is a coincidence, but at that time too many things changed - new hardware - pbme, phub, apm, new driver, fanalab.

@Jacob Weber this is idea, I do not use the ITM screens, but had ITM enabled in Fanalab. I have now deactivated it.

@Reind Dooyeweerd - too many variables/versions (drivers, firmwares, fanalab, game, track...). And I with that kind of issue difficult to repeat, that may happen in the first 10 minutes of session or after hour or not happen at all, probably it would took days and weeks in experimenting in order to make a correct conclusion. I dont want to waste that much time.

• edited January 2021

Do you have ITM turned off in Fanalab? If not, turn it off. Or maybe “kill” Fanalab completely to rule it out for a few races

I don’t have jolts on V381 (and I’m sticking with it until the dust has settled a bit on V400 because I see to much people ending up with errors at the moment while the whole update manager was intended to reduce them) and the default screen in iRacing, ACC and F1 2020. I do have them on other screens but that is (unfortunately for quite a period) a known issue.