Is my CSW v2.5 working properly? Damage?

Hi all,

I bought a CSW v2.5 that arrived with slight damage. Thankfully, the seller is offering me a partial refund if I keep it and everything is working properly still. But since it came damaged, and I am a first time Fanatec buyer, I wanted to see what you guys thought before making the final decision on what to do.

When I drive it, the wheel feels a bit knocky, sounds knocky, and just feels rigid. Everything calibrates correctly, shows up properly, and is smooth moving when FFB is off. There are no loose components though, and it's the rear plastic corner around the heat sinks on the left side that cracked. All the belts look to be in their spot and there are no loose parts seemingly from moving around.

For the test I did, I ran at 2007 Daytona on iRacing since that would give me the most bumps in order to get a clear audio of my explanation, with the default Fanalab settings on the latest Firmware update, and also had recommended FFB settings I found online that I placed in game.

Take a look and ease my mind on what to do? If it's working properly or any tuning tips you have based on the video.

Best,

Zach

Comments

• What is your FEI set to?

Looks like it is set to 100. Worth a try to lowering it a bit to 70 or 80.

• I have the same in iRacing with open wheels cars. I use FEI at 30 cause I don't like when I hear this sound from the base.