New CSW V2.5 only gives me 880 degrees of useable rotation

My wheel only gives me 880 degrees of usable rotation when turned on. (Hardware limited to the left most position, software limited to the right most position)

When turned off, it's close to 900 but it turns 440 to the left of center and 460 to the right of center. (Both directions hardware limited). To me, it seems like there is maybe a splined shaft and somehow it's off by 1 spline (was assembled incorrectly) and needs to be indexed over by one spot. Not sure what the internals are, but I'm just trying to come up with a reason why the shaft is not centered in its full range of rotation.

This also leads to a calibration issue in iRacing where the wheel does not turn with the in game steering wheel in a 1 to 1 fashion, so if the wheel in real life is turned 180 degrees upside down, the wheel in game may only be about 170 degrees or so. Every other wheel I've used with iRacing has not had this issue, and I compared this to my t300 and the t300 does the 1 to 1 rotation flawlessly. I expect nothing less than that from my CSW v2.5.

Contacted Fanatec support and they said it was a normal variance. For 550 dollars, I find this to be completely unacceptable. I have a Thrustmaster t300, an old CSR forza wheel and have owned a G27 and they were all perfectly centered in their range of advertised rotation and actually allowed me to use the full rotation. This clubsport base is supposedly a premium product yet it has that much variance in it's construction? Not a chance I will ever be okay with that.

Any ideas if I could correct this myself without voiding my warranty? I love the wheel, but this issue makes me have a very bad feeling about it.

*Attached pictures with descriptions below

1. Wheelbase OFF, Turned full right, hardware limited.

2. Wheelbase OFF, Turned full left, hardware limited.

3. Software showing wheel at -440 at full left travel (hardware limited)

4. Software showing wheel at 440 at full right ravel (software limited using force feedback to stop rotation)

5. Software showing max rotation is set to 900 degree.

Comments

• Only way to solve this, is probably to open the wheel, disassemble the gears and belts and build it back up so the wheel is centered.

Maybe the belt is one tooth in the wrong direction that causes your problem. But I’m no expert so maybe it’s just like Fanatec says normal variance and there is not a solution.

• edited January 2021

Or contact the support.

• He already did, but they were of no help.

But yeah my option is also not the best. It will for sure void the warranty and maybe it does not even help.

• Do you either you agree that this is not normal? This does not seem normal to me at all.

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited January 2021

I would not accept it either. You've a 14 or/and 30 day return-law in Europe. It's a law and you can use that. They can't deny. So I would write Fanatec you want to return this and ask your money back, then buy order a new CSW 2.5 and hope it works. Or ask for a RMA. Or sell it on Ebay/Kleinzagen/Local marketplace and go back to Thrustmaster. Or leave simracing.

It's advertised as 900degrees, so 880 degrees is nuts. It's fraud. Imagine you buying a car. It's advertised acceleration speed of 0 - 100 in 2 seconds, but it does 5 seconds.. I would be furious as well.

Also if you're using driver 399 or 400 or 401 I would go back to 381. Its the official driver. 400+ is in beta. Might worth a shot.

• It isn't normal.

In the end it comes down to your decision.

Does it bother you while driving? Is there any other flaw with the base?

If yes, contact support and ask for a replacement, if no, keep on racing.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David,

This is actually a new issue that we are investigating. One potential workaround at the moment is if you run FanaLab, and adjust the SEN value from there. From our initial testing this seems to fix it.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I have the same problem with my CSW 2.5 base rotation only 880.

If I use FANALAB and if I adjust the SEN value to 900 degrees, the number is well displayed but the real value is always 880 degrees!!! This workaround doesn't work.. any suggestion?

• edited February 2021

This is normal. A CSW only has 840-880 degrees of Rotation, depending on the plastic Limiter. Nothing you can do but no CSW has real 900. Just make sure that you set the in game DOR to match the real wheel to get 1:1 steering.

• GIANLUCA SAVIGIANLUCA SAVI Member
    edited February 2021

Sorry Maurice... but "in game DOR" stand for? :-) ok und... deg..of rotation :-)

• Hi, I have the same problem

From off to the right it reaches 440 degrees while on the left it reaches 460 degrees. While it is on, the total degrees are 880.

Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem?

Thank you

• I am having the SAME exact issue. @Dominic Any updates?

• My wheel also has this issue. It has more lock to the right than left. Most of what I drive has less than 900 degrees of rotation so I very early notice it in game.