ClubSport V3 Brake flicker

Hey guys!

I have recalibrated my ClubSport V3 pedals today and I noticed some spiking with the throttle. I have dusted off the sensors and the throttle seems normal again. Though I have noticed that with my brake it tends to flicker a few percentages while being pressed down. So I opened it to relube the inside of the preload, and have used lube for the Brake Performance Kit I had installed too. It did not seem to help at all.

Here is a video I have recorded: https://streamable.com/ig2dmt

It's more subtle in the Fanatec Properties but especially noticable in Assetto Corsa's Content Manager.

I have set a new minimum without any pressure put on, and dialed back the preload so that it would give itself input rather than my foot, eliminating the problem that it is my unsteady foot: https://streamable.com/tcvw7a

Is this normal and does this happen to you guys too?

Many thanks,

Fentomized

Comments

• You need to set the Min WITH a bit of pressure on the brake pedal (so you need to create a small deadzone). Then your issue is fixed ;)

• Hey Maurice, thanks for the quick answer!

I know that, but I deliberately removed deadzone to show my problem: the flickering pedal. In the first video I have the correct deadzone set, but I was skeptical whether it was my foot that was being shakey or not. By removing the deadzone the pedal is putting pressure by itself: to show the flickering problem.

The question is whether the flickering is a defect or normal.

Thanks!

• That kind of flickering is normal.

• This is what happens when I apply normal pressure: https://streamable.com/e5h8ge

And in-game of Euro Truck Simulator 2: https://streamable.com/816dbq

Thanks Maurice, if you say this is normal and happens to everyone else, I'm inclined to believe this is just as is then.

• Did you update fw of pedals?

If so, was there problem before flashing fw?

Not sure but noticed also something like that after firmware update.

• Yup it's pretty normal. Even if you do get it to not flicker without applying any pressure on it, the slamming of clutch and/or throttle pedal will trigger the brakes a little as well.

Just rest your foot and apply slight pressure to set a minimum. Then slam the clutch and throttle a few times to see if it'll trigger the brakes.

• Hi,

Why Fanatec doesn´t have the load-cell for the V3 pedals for sale in the website?

• Austen ChenAusten Chen Member
    edited February 2021

Maybe because loadcell is already part of assembly...?

If you're looking to buy spare parts then you'll have to contact support.

• lee taylorlee taylor Member
    edited February 2021

i have the exact same issue, really annoying

i have updated the FW

• It's not really an issue. It's because the load Cell is now much more sensitive to the slightest difference in pressure. So it's a feature, not a bug and actually intended.

• edited February 2021

My brake input is also flickering with the V3s. I remember that the load cell brake on my CSL didnt have this "issue" at all which seems odd given it cost less than the V3s.

Have someone tried to plug in the V3s using the USB to see if the input flickers as it does plugged into the wheel base?

• lee taylorlee taylor Member
    edited February 2021

what? it's a feature to have a flickery loadcell?

this is holding the throttle and the brake around the same point, the brake is clearly flickering and is not a good feature if this is intended

is the old firmware available to test with for the v3's? i'm guessing the new firmware introduced some interpolation to smooth out the brake for values under 100%, maybe this is having the issues

• just enable manual update mode and you directly get directed into the directory of the FW 1.30 which you can just flash back.

• ok thank you

• Not sure how this is considered normal? Even with the dial turned all the way down, my car won't move because there is too much brake pressure being applied.

• thats because you didnt calibrated the pedals properly - go into the driver, enable manual mode, then set the minimum with a bit of pressure on the pedal to create a small deadzone

• Maurice, with all due respect, please stop saying this is normal and that it's no big deal. Are you from Fanatec?

I have had my V3 inverted pedals for 2 or 3 years, and this issue just started for me. I was in the middle of a race yesterday when suddenly it seemed like someone had left the parking brake on. I thought the engine was blowing up, but then I noticed the bottom of the brake telemetry bar in iRacing jumping up and down. I had to put my foot under the pedal and push it upwards hard, to get the brakes to stop applying. After the race I went into the driver and saw the brake meter jumping all over the place. I restarted my PC, and went back to the driver. I set the min and max with no flickering. I always leave a dead zone at the minimum, for resting my foot on the pedal. Tonight in the middle of a race all of a sudden it happened again. I looked in the driver and again the brake meter was jumping all over the place without even touching the brake.

If anyone has an actual explanation or solution for this - including you need to contact support to possibly replace your load cell - it would be great to know. I'm going to open a ticket now. I'll post the results here. Has anyone else contacted support? I'm curious to know what you found out. Thanks!

• Have you ever serviced / cleaned your pedals during the 2-3 years?

Some times because of use, dust etc sensors get dirty, elastomers get deformed and lose their felines etc. And yes it can happen out of the blue.

Sometimes even loose the minimum and max settings as well.

So suggest try to reset min and max, check the cables carefully for small cuts or brakes and also try to clean them and check the elastomers and sensors.

• Hi Alexandros, thanks for your reply.

I generally clean them and lubricate periodically where the manual says to lubricate.

I don't think I know where or how to clean the sensors, it sounds like something that I should try if you could possibly direct me to instructions or explain how?

About 6 months ago I replaced one of my two elastomers from the brake performance kit, it was in fact worn out and deformed but I had no idea. I wanted to try a different combination of elastomers. Could a worn elastomer cause these symptoms though?

Thanks again!

• This is exactly how my V3 pedals are behaving and they are brand new. I took them out of the box and updated the drivers on Sunday. I have submitted a support ticket, but I have not gotten a response. I ordered a wheel, wheel base, and pedals and yet, I'm playing on a controller 🤔 because the pedals won't operate properly.

• Sorry to hear Chauncey. I just updated drivers and firmware, it seems the same but I haven't driven yet. I do see other people online stating that it is simply a matter of calibrating min and max, but I have done that before - this is different. More severe jumping of the indicator bar. I am going to try setting the min to where the bar doesn't ever jump into view - but it's BIG dead zone. I don't think that' should be necessary and won't be very good for precise braking. I'm also going to clean and blow everything out with some canned air, and check the elastomers, etc. I'll keep updating here. No reply from my support ticket yet, but honestly I'm not expecting it to be very quick based on past experiences.

• mine does this badly as well. I have a support ticket open...from what i have been researching the load cell on the pedals might be broken. My pedals never did this until last week so its something new for me.

If i get an update from fanatec on what they think it is i will let you know.

Good luck

• BTW this is not normal....like i said mine never did this in the year that i have had them until last week.

• Its normal only for the new Firmware v1.31 because of the increased smoothness (more steps in the calculation which now measures even the slightest change of brake pressure in micrograms it seems). Everyone who doesnt likes it can downgrade back to 1.30 at any time.

If you have issues with brake flickering with 1.30 then your LC is broken, yes.

• MY LC is 100 percent broke....its even auto breaking while playing iracing it started to have a mind of its own.

• So, I really am not trying to be difficult, but I actually updated to 1.31 because to me based on the changelog it sounded like it would help, and it has! The changelog for 1.31 says:

"Improved smoothness of the load cell / brake pedal signal."

Keyword "signal". I figure this means the signal coming from the pedals which is also what we see on the driver brake meter. It still twitches a little, but not much at all, I could see this amount being considered normal. I was able to calibrate and leave a small dead-zone like I always did and the pedals are working fine now.

• I have this same flickering brake issue.

Here it is compared to csl elite lc.

Csl elite lc has smooth input while v3 has flicker with 1.30 and 1.31 firmware.

• What’s up boys, I just ran into this issue tonight while adjusting my brakes. After updating my drivers and everything else, I found out what was causing my brake pressure to flicker. I‘ll go ahead and post the video.

https://youtu.be/AwFWYnll_8s

• Has anyone else been able to resolve the brake flickering? I have a set of v3’s that just started flickering on the brake pedal. I have the Brake Performance Kit and The Dampener installed so I cannot adjust the preload as illustrated in the video.

Is there any other possible solutions beyond sending them in for service? I was so close to buying a DD2 for my son but realized since this issue started that there seem to be very few official support options.

If anyone has any other thoughts beyond manual calibration, the software is supposed to auto calibrate so it should be considered defective if manual calibration is the only way to get the product to work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kurt