Clubsport V3 Inverted - optimal Setup for iRacing

Hi,

I have just bought the Clubsport V3 Inverted Pedals on a DD2 wheelbase and would like to compare setups for iRacing. I know that it comes down to personal preference but still would like to get a better understanding, as I am still not fully happy with the performance I am getting.

Hardware Settings:

• Brake Performance Kit installed: NO
  • Preload Screw at Brake Pedal: 2
  • Damper Kit Setting: 2

Software Settings Fanalab:

• Calibration: Auto
  • BRF: 80

In Game Settings iRacing:

• Calibration: normal (no manual adjustments to the calibration file)
  • Brake Force: 0.0

Would love get your Input. My understanding was that with the damper kit (that is standard on the V3 Inverted) I should be good without the Brake Performance Kit. Would love to get some input there as well.

Thanks

Norbert

Comments

• Hi Norbert,

I guess you're missing one point regarding iRacing:

The brake setting is quite different from car to car and can't be simply compared, imho.

Means, my settings as an example:

V3i pedals with BPK (1x green 13mm, 1x green 12mm, preload screwed in as recommended with BPK) and damper kit dialed in at 4, manually calibrated for all games/cars. Personally, i like the BPK more than the damper "feeling", however I've installed both as I prefer the damper to soften the pedal on release.

Within Fanalab I've got different BRF settings depending on the car, mostly around 80-95 for cars with ABS and 98-MAX without ABS. Additionally, sometimes I adjust these on-the-fly depending on track and setup. This setting mostly depends on how sophisticated a car is, e.g. a Huracan GT3 with ABS has a quite aggessive brake but grippy tires, so BRF around 90-92 should be fine without hitting ABS all the time. On the other hand, a Cayman GT4's tires are worse, so I've set BRF to 96, otherwise it would end up at full ABS nearly every time. Third the MX-5, which is easy to handle on the brake, so I'm using BRF 80.

Additionally, for some cars it's helpful to manually edit the "joycal"-file of iRacing, e.g. for the 911 Cup, which has very aggressive brakes without ABS, means it's very likely to lock it up at every braking zone. For me, I've edited the Brake Max value at the joycal file from 0 to -7400, resulting in a maximum brake force of 89% at iRacing when the pedal is pushed to max (originally 65535 brake min and 0 brake max).

Cheers, Mike

• Hi Mike,

you are absolutely right! Great input!. This was one of the questions that I was hoping to get more input on.

I was really struggling to find one setup that works for several cars (Porsche GT3 Cup being one of them). And was already wondering in my mind how to deal with that. Balancing out muscle memory (one setting helps there) with cars really showing a different behavior in iRacing with the same brake pressures values. Using different settings seems to be the logical way to deal with that. Thanks also for sharing your Joycal File setting. I will try that as well.

I just ordered the BPKit - as it seems the way to go even with the V3i pedals. Whats the advantage of the manual calibration? I do not really see any difference.

Thanks

Norbert

• Hi Norbert,

regarding manual calilbration:

First of all, your manual of the V3 pedals will tell you to manually calibrate the pedals after installing the BPK.

Second, with the manual calibration you'll be able to determine the exact force/pedal way depending on the installed rubbers for MIN and MAX. You could even apply a deadzone by pressing the pedal slightly before setting the MIN value. You'll have to do this only once, the setting keeps stored at the controller, unless you'll do a firmware update (or change the rubbers...).

For individual vehicle setting, I would strongly recommend Fanalab as well as Maurice's Fanalab profiles for the most common cars at iRacing to be found here at the forum. Maurice has updated his quite perfect profiles after one of the last Fanalab updates, you'll find them on page 5 or so at the Fanalab profile thread.

However, all of Maurice's profiles have dialed the BRF to 80. Personally, I've used all his profiles as a base for my own settings, but I've done only minor adjustments as they're really sophisticated and near perfect. Just do your own adjustments for FFB and brake feeling and save them as your own profile at Fanalab. This way, you'll only have to load the individual vehicle profile from Fanalab as you load an individual setup for each car at iRacing (as it is done in real world, muscle memory is the one thing, setup the other...).

Cheers,

Mike

• Mike, thanks a lot! Great tip! Very much appreciate your help! Cheers Norbert

• Hey Michael,

can you give me a link to the profiles? I can't find anything in the jungle of comments.

Thx

Regards

Martin