DD2 to PBME repeated 'disconnection' issues?

**** This is a new forum post for focus, I originally raised this on another popular thread on 27 January but that appears to have been lost in the active conversation ****

Original post response from Marcel Pfister "best is probably to contact support."

Following Marcel's advice, I raised a support incident 29 January, with a response received from the support team on 3 February;

"thank you very much for your message. Please provide/forward your feedback to Marcel, in our forum.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Chris

(Fanatec Support Team)"

Details of issue being experienced;

Wheel randomly disconnects and reconnects from wheelbase DD2

Timestamp - 51:40 Disconnection

Here is a close up of the OLED screen showing the disconnection;

Timestamp - 09:06 Disconnection

This video shows repeated disconnections and then a 'Steering wheel not supported' error;

Timestamp - 03:41 Repeated disconnections

4:52 Wheel not supported

Investigation and attempted resolution (with host PC both On and Off);

1. I have up/downgraded device firmware and host PC drivers between v381, v400, v401 and v402, the fault still reoccurs
  2. Disconnected 'ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted', 'ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5', and 'ClubSport Handbrake V1.5', the fault still reoccurs
  3. Completely stripped the rig, inspected all cables and rewired everything, the fault still reoccurs
  4. Earthed both my DD2 and my pedals as per an FAQ suggestion (the rig was already earthed .... but to be sure ...), the fault still reoccurs
  5. Routed the wheel base power via its own dedicated UPS protected power supply (APS SMC1500IC), the fault still reoccurs
  6. Disconnected, checked and reconnected the 'Podium hub', the 'Podium Advanced Paddle Module', and the 'Podium Button Module Endurance', the fault still reoccurs
  7. Disconnected the 'Podium Button Module Endurance' from the 'Podium hub', the fault still reoccurs

Please help, I would be grateful if this could be resolved.

Thank you.

Comments

• I don't understand why the support would just call you out to contact Marcel, if you have done everything from your site.

They should offer you to either check the base and wheel on a connection failure or simply replace both items.

• edited February 2021

Like Sascha I dont really understand the Response from the support but imo This is clearly a hardware issue and you should contact the support again that you want to get your devices exchanged (or repaired).

• Thank you both.

I too am extremely disappointed with the response and will respond to them again as you advise.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Hi Lee, I've talked to him and it was a miss understanding, he will now contact you again to start the RMA process.

• THANK YOU Marcel.

RMA number received, all items packaged up waiting on courier collection. I will update on outcome.

• Hello,

I have same setup (DD2 and Porsche Wheel), when I playing, wheel randomly disconnects and reconnects from wheelbase DD2, with the message Attention Torque Enable.

• i have have the same issue i have the same issue after sending it back twice and they replace the endurance twice . it must be a known issue and they have no idea how to repair i think either the endurance or the hub . needs to be recalled