CSL Elite V1.1 USB 2.0 port vs USB 3.0 port

I'm sure it's documented somewhere, but I accidentally plugged my base into a 2.0 usb port on my PC, turned the base on, and it went bonkers, spinning full speed to either side and slamming into the stops. Then it just started shaking and wouldn't stop. I powered it off removed the usb cable and plugged it into a 3.0 port and it calibrated like normal. I was really scared I broke something! Is that what happens when its powered on in a usb 2.0 port?

Seems like its working perfectly, so thankfully no damage was done.

Has this happened to anyone else? What is the exact boot up procedure on PC and/or Xbox? Meaning, do I plug in the usb, then press the power button? Or the other way around? How do you guys do it?

Comments

• To my knowledge the only requirement is a USB port....doesn't matter if it's 2.0 or 3.0.

That sounds like a USB issue on the 2.0 side. Do you have other devices using USB 2.0?

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Yes it seems like it's a USB port issue. The wheel operates and recommended on USB2 (fine to use with USB 3) so there is no problem there.

• I have no idea what it was then. The port seems to operate fine for other devices.