First day with V3 Pedals - Already broken

Hi. I just received my V3 pedals and while I was installing the Brake performance kit, the connector cable snapped. I can fix it myself but I need somebody to confirm wire order for the connector?

RJ12 6P:

? ? ? ? ? ?

Thank you so much.

Comments

• *The brake cable connector (from loadcell to the logicboard)*

• the one that is under the metal tube that you take off to add the red and green bushings?

can you take a picture?

• how did the brake cable connector break?

• Yes exactly. I thought there was no tension while instaling the red and green bushings and didnt felt the need to disconnect the cable. I did not even felt it break, it's when I took another look on a different angle I realized it snapped...

• edited February 2021

I was able to find this picture. I am not 100% sure of its validity. Hope it helps though. Looks like 4 wires total. RED-WHITE-GREEN-BLACK at the end spot. I have not yet ordered a set of V3’s, otherwise I would have just taken a picture of mine for you.

• Hi Josh. Yes it seems to be correct indeed. My father has the tools we need to try to repair. I'll let you know but that picute was exactly what I needed and yet, didn't managed to find it myself. Thank you! I'll let you know if it worked!

• Ok so the replacement connector is too big and doesn't fit the logicboard... That's another bad attempt :(

• Not that I don’t believe you, but damn if they don’t look identical.....OK, 2 questions, is the replacement from Fanatec(just curious not my requirement) and sorry to nitpick but how is it too big? Or is it like literally where the pins from the board go into the connector?

• On a side note, I’m a little disappointed that someone with V3 pedals didn’t just take a picture of their cable and post it for you. I know I was not the only one to have looked at this post.....anyway, sorry.....rant rant.....

• It is not a factory replacement from Fanatec. But I saw on this forum someone had the same issue and several users said it was a RJ12 6P6C connector so that's what I bought.

It does look identical, you can barely tell in person. I tried to insert it into the control board and it doesn't go in so I assume it's just bigger.

Solidarity is not what it used to anymore... Thank you for taking some of your time to help me tho mate, appreciate it.

If someone can help, it's not too late, we are fellow racers and I would help you if you needed...

• How very true. I’m a mechanic by trade, so let’s get this figured out. Yea, I thought that is what would have thought would be used as a replacement.....I’m not real familiar with the RJ connectors, but any possibility it’s not fully “crimp”? It is a round sheathed cable.....also, maybe you just need to push a little harder, please take that with a grain of salt!! If non of the above, could you guys somehow un-crimp/reverse engineer the old connector and use it?

• I’m pretty sure RJ11 and RJ12 Connectors are the same size the only difference is the amount of usable pins within them. I know we’re not talking about RG 11 connectors but I’m just saying as a general idea. Unless Fanatec decided to use some sort of proprietary size connector.....

• did you try test fit with the connector as is? I ask as until you crimp the connector it wont fit in the whole as the metal pins will be in the way.

when you put the cables in and crimp the connector the pins are push into the connector to crimp the wires. Sorry if you know this and im pointing out the obvious and had already crimped.

Regards

Glen

• edited February 2021

Definitely listen to Glen. It sounds like he’s pretty familiar with the RJ cables and that makes a lot of sense. That was something I was not aware of. I probably would’ve test for the connector before trying to put the cable on if I wasn’t sure I could on crimp the connector. Learn something new every day.

• GUYS, I've got some very good news! IT WORKED!

Indeed it was because the connector was not cramped. Followed the wiring and instructions you guys provided and did the job.

I feel so relieved you can't imagine. Thank you. I feel like I owe you guys a beer haha!

• good to hear you got it sorted😀

• Awesome sauce!! You are very welcome. Just pay it forward.....I know corny🌽

• I did exactly this today. So frustrated. Do you happen to have an Amazon link for the connector you purchased. Any tips on the repair?

Thanks!