Clubsport v3 shutting off under braking

Bryan PuckettBryan Puckett Member
edited February 2021 in Pedals

Everytime under hard braking my clubsport v3's just disconnect and reconnect on their own. It does this either plugged into my dd2 via rj45 or connected to my pc via usb. I've updated my drivers and firmware, no change. Pretty sure it is a short or hardware fault somewhere.

Comments

• Ok, I uninstalled my usb 3.0 drivers in device manager in windows, restarted everything, and at first plugged my pedals into the dd2 through the rj45, it wasn't even registering the pedals. However when I swapped back to the usb, everthing seems back to normal. Time will tell.

• That sure sounds like a short out or bad connection somewhere at the board and power. You may have already done this but try give some hard(like your braking that triggers this) presses on different places of the set. Like on the floor plate at different spots, maybe give the throttle and clutch pedal a really good hard press and see if you can get it to do it with the Sam movement but not using the brake. Then I would most definitely say it’s a short out, maybe make a short video and make a ticket with Fanatec for repairs with, having your proof. Not saying you’re lying, just saying they would probably ask for something of that nature.

• Bryan PuckettBryan Puckett Member
    edited February 2021

I'm thinking it's a motherboard issue. Pedals are spot on now. But for some reason my occulus software is shutting off mid race.

• Please help!

I have the same issue on my new set,

after my first order on 15 December 23, my final package was delivered complete, installed, calibrated and updated in march “patiently waiting”

From the beginning I sometimes had a disconnecting wheelbase on PS5 GT7, Dirt2.0 and EA WRC (thinking it was a software bug)

from last week I noticed that this was happening more and more. With trail and error I noticed it happened during hard breaking in specific high to low speed braking zones. Tested on the above mentioned sim games.

So I connected the pedals by usb to pc and it became clear that when I come above 45% brake pedal pressure (Fanatec calibration program) the pedal set disconnects and reconnects to the pc. I can’t see strange things physically on the brake pedal, no open cables, no physical damage on the rumble motor cable (rumble motor works) No pressure seen on cables on the V3 pedal set.

Could it just be a bad load cell?

set contains:

dd+ , V3i pedals with dampers and performance kit, shifter, handbrake and podium Mont Carlo rally wheel, playseat Trophy rig (and a csl McLaren wheel on its way)

greetings Raymond Richardson

netherlands