CSL Elite + hung mid race

I was playing ACC today and mid race the ffb started feeling light. A couple of turns later the wheel went limp and I could not shift or steer. The buttons were all dead as well. The pedals worked as they are on their own usb. I removed my VR headset to see the three yellow rev leds lit up and the power led flashing. I reset the power at the power supply and the wheel restarted ok.

I'm using the settings recommended in the Assetto Corsa Competizione thread for both the wheel base and in game. I'm running PC Driver 356, Wheel Base Firmware 669 and Motor Firmware 22.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Was the base completely frozen? Which steering wheel do you have and did you have Fanalab running by any chance?

• edited May 2020

Yes the base was frozen. Couldn't even turn it off with the power button. I am using the CSL Steering Wheel P1 for PS4 that came with the base. Yes I did have Fanalab running.

This morning I went at it again in ACC and had zero ffb from the beginning. I completed the race, restarted the wheel but it remained the same. I then quit the game, relaunched it and went to a practice session and ffb was ok. After a few laps I quit and upon removing my VR headset, I noticed the three yellow and two of the red LEDs on the rev bar were lit. And yes Fanalab was running today as well.

PS The top LED on the wheel was lit yellow as well.

• Do you have other games and do you have a problem with them?

• I have Project Cars 2. Ill give it a go later on to see.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Can you try doing the same process without Fanalab running and let me know if it still happens.

• Just ran through free practice, both qualis and the first race. I did two things though. I deleted and remaped the wheel in game, and ran without fanalab. Ill run later with fanalab open to see if it happens again.