Formula V2 and CSW 2.5 - Wheel Freezes and becomes unresponsive

My formula V2 wheel randomly stops working mid-race. usually it starts by the paddle missing a shift with a couple of clicks and then works, and then minutes later everything stops. Buttons, LEDs, OLED, paddles, sticks, the lot.

If I re-boot the wheelbase, it all starts working again, but then freezes after another short period of time.

This problem initially occurred in January, as an isolated incident, and now is so frequent I can't even get out of the pitlane before it stops.

I've created an album of videos and photos showing the issue.

I've requested support from Fanatec, but I've been waiting a good long while for a response from them.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've tried firmware versions from 365 -> 402, I've tried with and without fanalabs installed. I'm at a loss as to what is going on here other than that my wheel has developed a fault - and I'm unable to get Fanatec to acknowledge !! wheel is 8 months old only...

Comments

• Update is Fanatec have asked me if I can try it on a different PC, try a different wheel rim etc.

I don't have another PC, so I've tried it on a different usb port, both on a powered usb hub and on different usb controllers on the pc itself, both with and without other devices plugged in alongside it.

I don't have another rim, but from what I can see of other people's posts with the same issue, the issue doesn't occur with other rims (BMW GT2) so it leads me right back to my suspicion that it's the formula V2.

Testing on another PC won't solve the issue beyond diagnosing a usb cable issue ... But in my opinion of there was a cable issue I would see disconnects from the PC or no data. I still get all the data from the hub when the fault occurs. Wheel rotation, and FFB still works so that's communication both ways proven to work. After a reset and all the buttons come back to life, they all transmit down to the PC ok.

Not a USB issue then.

Their alternative is for me to send it all for inspection to their UK workshop which is what I shall do when they can get around to telling me how.

• I have the exact same problem as yours with the exact same setup (CSW2.5 + formula v2).

I could have made the same pictures as yours.

Have you finally found a solution? or have you got some support from Fanatec?