CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4 problems with Xbox One X

Hi everyone. I have done a lot of research these days but I can't find someone who has had a similar problem to mine. I purchased the following Fanatec configuration: CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4 - ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 - CSL Elite Pedals, so as to have a single functional workstation on both consoles (PS4-Xbox One X). Once mounted and connected, I connected it to the notebook after downloading the driver package from the official website (I used version 347 but I'm not sure it's the latest one). Updated the firmware of the base and the steering wheel I connected it to the Xbox One X, and it seemed to work. The problem occurred at the second power on, the base no longer made the switch on Xbox One mode, but only on PS4 and Pc mode. I tried in every way but it was as if he had lost that mode. I then reset the base (power button pressed for about 8 seconds with the base off and then updated the firmware) and finally the Xbox One mode reappeared (green light). Everything seemed to work but from there the problems started, every time I turn off the console and the base and then turn them on again, the base goes into lockout, or the LEDs of the base itself remain fixed or the Fanatec logo remains on the display of the steering wheel, I am forced to turn off the power and turn it on again to make it work, but I don't think it's normal. Do you have any advice to give me? Was the downloaded driver package correct or, apart from beta, are there more recent ones? Forgive the length of this post but unfortunately it is not easy to describe the problem, thanks in advance for your kindness and attention.

Comments

• try using the wheel as you would a controller to power on the xbox. That’s what I do as was recommended on these forums. I think the wheel and the Xbox usb drivers are finicky about the boot up sequence. Mine used to get stuck with the leds lit as well when booting on Xbox, but since I started booting the Xbox up with the wheel itself it’s never done it. The leds always go out.

Not to be critical of Fanatec, but there really isn’t any good documentation even in the FULL manuals for these wheelbases on the boot up sequence, regardless if you are using PC or console. It seems to matter as well.

• Thanks for the info. I will try this process, I hope to solve this way. A few days ago I also contacted Fanatec support and I sent him several videos, I'm still waiting for them to tell me what to do, for now they have only sent me the 356 drivers attached but the problem presents itself in the same way.

• Did you ever get a solution I’m having the same problem but I just can’t seem to get the green Xbox mode

• Hi. I had to contact Fanatec support, now I have to take care of the base and the steering wheel.

Unfortunately, the problem cannot be solved. Even in my case I often could not enter xbox mode (green light), I was forced to disconnect the power.

• Tom RuthvenTom Ruthven Member
    edited May 2020

Hi,

Its really frustrating for me to get into the xbox mode I have to reflash the base and wheel then it will work once then I can only get PC or PS4 mode but if I plug the p1 wheel in it works straight away, Ive spent hours and hours trying different drivers, updates just at a point where I don’t know what to do. I’ve contacted fanatec so hoping they have good news because it’s only messing around with the formula v2 not p1 wheel 🤞

• hi, it's my same situation. I am sure that the problem concerns only the Formula V2 steering wheel, however Fanatec assistance asked me to postpone the base too. I hope everything goes well. good luck!

• Hello, I update you on the situation. On June 25 the base and the steering wheel left for assistance. The wheel was delivered on July 3 and the base on July 6. On July 13th I sent an email to the assistance for news about the repair, they replied that from their systems only the steering wheel was delivered. So I sent the courier links to prove that the delivery was made on July 6th. Since that day, despite my requests (I also tried from the Fanatec Facebook page) I have not received any more news from the assistance. So I don't know if everything was then delivered and above all I don't know what the time for repair is. I am surprised and also disappointed by the complete absence of support.

Do you have any advice on what to do and how to contact Fanatec in other ways?

Thank you all.

• Further update. They finally answered me this morning, in the email I was told that the package containing the base has not yet been delivered. All this is absurd, it is unacceptable that despite my communications no investigation has been made to understand what happened to this package, but days and days have passed without anyone having done anything. I am deeply disappointed.

Has anyone had similar experiences? What happens in these cases?

Thanks again for your attention.