PC no longer detecting properly, brand new csl elite.

Hey y'all. i've been up late now trying to figure out what the hell happened to this.

Got it a couple days ago. Worked perfectly. and got some great racing in. Went to do it yesterday evening again, and halfway through the menu's, the buttons just stopped working.

restarted the game/unplugged/plugged back in the csl. and same thing... Went to the controls (thought maybe the mapping had got deleted). And it won't register any movement through the steering wheel, nor any of the buttons on it whatsoever.

Checked this in: Ac Competizione, AC, and F1 2019. None of the games were able to pick it up in any way.

Try re-installing drivers for it, in doing this. I was in the device manager and see this error on that USB port. "Device descriptor request failed". I thought maybe it was a bad driver or something, cause i know fanatec has a lot of "beta' drivers. So tried 3-4 different older drivers that i could find. and all had the exact same problem.

The lights on the wheel work fine, and allow me to enter the tuning mode and all.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing that USB. As well as updating drivers for all usb ports/bus's. I've tried every last thing i could think about. (I don't have another computer to try it on at the moment).

Pins on the wheel itself look fine as well.

Any help? Started a ticket with Fanatec as well, but maybe i could get some faster answers here if anyone's dealt with this.

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member

Did you put it in PS4 or Xbox mode by accident?

for PC the led on the base should show red, if it’s another color you are in a different mode. Once in another mode it will remember during boot of the base.

• Yea light was red, tried swithcing modes back adn forth as well, didn't change anything.

• edited May 2020

• Does nayone have anything?? I haven't heard back from Fanatec yet either. still hoping there's sometihng I can do to fix this on my end..

• im having the same issue as you here i was on with a friend im in uk he is in canada and it happened within the same 5 mins as each other but we are on the csw 2.5 and getting no response from fanatec ive tried everything like you have jusat not getting detected in propities or control panel