Load cell update

Hi all My name Thomas and I am new to the forum but not to Fanatec, I sold my CSL Elite PS4 base wheel set to a friend and update to the CSL elite F1 PS4, but using it on my PS5. Anyways I updated the new Firmware on the Wheel base. But i order the LC brakes today for the set up i have. Now my ? I'm been looking for, when i set up the LC and everything. Do i update the LC, with it hooked up to the Wheel base and updated that way or do I have the LC directly set to the PC on it's own with the USB and updated that why. Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2021

Pedal FIRMWARE must be updated direct to PC, using a USB cable. See page 34 of this manual. CSL-EP-LCK-ManualPBzGoX5iIGFvH.pdf (fanatec.com)

• thank you

• Dean HolmesDean Holmes Member
    edited April 2022

I know this is an old thread, totally new to sim racing and Fanatec.

My DD Pro just arrive and I purchase the kit with the load cell and 8nm power supply.

The manual said don't have both the USB-B and the Load Cell RJ12 plugged in at the same time.

Assuming I can leave both plugged into the load cell pedal, just don't plug the other ends in at the same time.

Reason I ask, mounting my pedals in a sim rig and don't want to have to demount just to update.

Ideally leave the USB curled up until firmware update needed and use the RJ12 when racing.

thanks in advanced.