PLEASE HELP My Fanatec CSW V2.5 Wont START after a FAILED Firmware Update! (Driver 400 FAIL)

Hello,

I had my wheel for well over a month now and I haven't come across any problems until now.

I decided to download the newest firmware (Driver 400) and I am assuming that it is stable and no problems will occur.

Once downloading my wheel starts flashing blue and the firmware updater states that it has FAILED and is NOT RESPONDING.

I was quite scared about this and I tried everything to fix it such as reinstalling different drivers but nothing worked for me.

Because nothing worked I decided to unplug my wheel and plug it back in maybe to troubleshoot the problem.

After plugging it back in I press the start button nothing powers on, not even the LED's only THE FAN in the rear of the base powers on.

At that time my wheel was also installed and not even that was lit up.

I have already made a support ticket and it has been 5 days with no response.

Please help, I have already tried loading it into boot mode and it does not work AT ALL.

My PC does not even recognize anything plugged in.

I did not think a simple driver update would cause my entire wheelbase to fail

Please let me know if any of you guys have fixed it

Thanks,

Comments

• hello Jeffrey,

I have the same problem after trying to update my CSL Elite Wheelbase to 402 today. After restarting the PC USB wasn't recognized, so I have unplugged power, and after that USB is still not recognized and the power-LED and fan are only on during holding the power button. As soon as I take my finger away from the power button, the wheelbase switches off. No chance to start the wheelbase and to go to the settings or to update /flash firmware again 😕

• It appears I have fallen into the same trap. I updated the drivers to 402 and when prompted to flash the firmware I followed the screens and then the firmware updater stopped responding. It appears I have a dead system now as it has been at least 45 minutes since I started it. I can only hope it pulls itself out but I have little hope at this point. Now I fear a good $800 in equipment is worthless.. I am unlikely to by another if this bricks and I don't see why I should as it doesn't appear to be our fault.

• QUICK UPDATE! I have received a follow-up email from Fanatec and you will need to send your wheelbase for repair. So ultimately if you are having the same problem, you will have to contact Fanatec for repair. I just sent my wheelbase for repair and hopefully, this will never happen to me again.

• im having the same thing what did they do to fix it

• @Jeffrey - thx for that info. Is it only the wheelbase you have to send back to Fanatec? Or together with Power-supply, USB-cable, wheel, brakes etc.? And sorry for that bad grammar, usually I speak German and have learnt English at scholl about 30 years ago ;-)

• I have the same issue with a brand new CSL Elite wheel. Already opened a support case. Is there a solution we don't need to send the wheel back for repair?

• I am still waiting for an answer from the Fanatec support, but I think we'll have to send the wheelbase back. Did you connect your wheelbase with USB to PC and then try to hold the powerbutton more than 10 seconds? Maybe this will start the bootloader mode and you can update your driver or firmware this way. In my case it didn't help, the power of the wheelbase always shuts down immediately.

• Same here... No luck, when I stop pressing the button it shuts down. Spoke with support, will need to send the wheelbase for repair.

• How long did you wait for a response from the support? I only received a confirmation for my ticket, but in the meantime no further reaction. Here in Germany I couldn't find a phone number to call the support, I only could open a ticket. Still wating ....😑

• In my case, I opened the ticket on their website and in the confirmation mail footer I found the following phone numbers: : +1 (866) 292-6226 and +49 (871) 9221-122.

Had to wait until 5am PST (which is 2pm CET) to be able to speak with tech support in Germany. Once I spoke with them, they were amazing! Super helpful and responsive as well. But unfortunately there is no solution and my wheelbase needed to go back for repair.

• thx, so I'll try to contact support this afternoon by phone and hope for a solution.

• An hour ago I have received a mail from the support with an RMA-number to send back the wheelbase to Endor (Fanatec). So let's hope for a quick repair 😅

• Status update: Wheelbase sent to Fanatec with DHL last saturday. The Wheelbase arrived at Fanatec on Monday, and today (Wednesday) my wheelbase came back from Fanatec 😀👍️

Everything ok now 😎