Podium Racing Wheel F1 DD1 for PS4 vs. DD1 + Clubsport Wheel F1

I'd like to purchase a DD1 wheel for PC. I see that the Podium F1 PS4/ PC wheel is in stock and would like to know if that product is essentially a Podium wheel base DD1 ($1,199) plus the Clubsport Steering Wheel V2 ($369). It looks like it, but then why does it cost $1,799? What am I getting for an additional $231 with the PS4 wheel? Is there added functionality or should I just wait until the DD1 is back in stock and choose a separate wheel since I'm using for PC and save two hundred quid.

Thank you!

Comments

• You get the Podium Advanced Paddle Module plus a steering wheel which you can't buy separately.

• Psql .Psql . Member

Don’t forget probably some PS4 license fees Sony asks to make it work on PS4.

Looks like Microsoft doesn’t do that with the Formula V2.

• You get the APM with both wheels. The difference is probably slight with the wheel cost, but minimal as both steering wheels seem to have the same number of knobs/buttons. Otherwise 150 to Sony licence fees. And you have to attach the APM on in the Xbox/PC version.

• The regular Formula v2 does NOT come with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module, so on top of the 370$ you need to add the 180$ so you are at a total of 550$. With the regular DD1 you then end up at 1750$ vs the 1800$ of the PS4 bundle which leads to a price diff of just 50$ which is most likely for the Sony license and the carbon side and top plates. Very reasonable.