Fanatec clubsport shifter sq v1.5 not recognized in windows 10

Brand new Fanatec system. I hooked everything up two days ago, but Shifter is not being recognized in windows 10. Everything is plugged into CSW 2.5 via RJ12. It is really weird since the shifter works in Assetto Corsa. I can map controls inside AC, so its communicating with the wheel base and shifting is working normal, but there no way to update firmware or calibrate the shifter since there is no hardware options shown in Game controllers in Windows 10. It also does not show the CS Shifter in Fanalab. What I've done so far:

Latest drivers, older drivers, changed several usb ports on computer, tried shifter 1 and 2 ports. Tried repair of drivers.

I have a new RJ12 coming tomorrow to try and ordered a rj12 to usb connector to see if that works connected direct to computer.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what next to try. Any suggestions would be grateful since I know what to expect from a ticket submission.

Comments

• edited March 2021

The Shifter is not shown anywhere separately and the firmware of it also can not be updated. To test it's functions you just have to open the base property page where you also find a part for the Shifter integrated in the right section.

As long as it's working and the Gear are shown correct when you open the property page of the wheel base then everything is totally fine.

You can send the spare RJ12 cable and USB Adapter back to where you bought it ;)

• Interesting, since I watched a video on YT channel and FanaLab showed a visual image of the shifter on attached. Maybe this is only when attached via USB device. I don't get this representation in Fanalab. This is a snapshot from the channel, but I'll trust that you know more than me since I am new to Fanatec. Thanks.

• edited March 2021

Correct. The Shifter and Handbrake are only visible in the gamecontroller panel and in Fanalab when they are connected with the Fanatec USB Adapter.

When connected to the base everything is handled by the base property page.