Solution to fanatec H shifter miss shifts?

Is there a solution to the sq v1.5 shifter in H mode shifts 1st instead of 3rd, 2nd instead 4th, R instead 1st sometimes or it is an unrepairable bad design?

Comments

• yes there is a fix. I did it to mine a year ago. you can watch video at this link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SoByd8ycg

haven't had a problem with my shifter after this fix.

• I am having this issue after using this shifter for 1 month. Sent several support requests and received nothing back. Does anyone know how long it takes to get support from Fanatec regarding these issues? Spent $2,000 on a new setup only to have the shifter broken from light use.

The issue is the same listed above. Calibrate and after a minute I get miss shifts. No matter how many times I calibrate or update firmware the same issue. Been through all of the FAQs, searching online, sending support requests and nothing. The YT video fix requires me to open up the device and modify the hardware which in my understanding would void the warranty.

I have literally purchased a Thrustmaster TH8A yesterday to use with my expensive Fanatec setup so I can shift. I'm a full time streamer with millions of views per month only to have the audience asking why am I using the Fanatec wheel with a Thrustmaster TH8A. I have to tell them the truth.

I am respectfully requesting assistance and an update. Thank you.

• Just open it. There's no warranty void-stickers, etc etc. Do the tape-trick, check the magnet. Boom all problems are gone. If you really want to RMA it. Then just remove the tape and send it back. Fanatec is superultrabusy at the moment, so If you send them an email if it's ok if you tape the pcb, etc they will probably accept that. Its really easy.

Only becareful with the red/black cable that connects with the SEQ/H-thingy on the bottom, so don't pull the top hard. Lay it on it's side and do the tape + magnet.

• The problem can be easily solved by placing double-sided adhesive tape between the plate (the double-connected one) and the metal part. I was failing and I didn't recognize gears 1, 3 and 5 and I would turn back until I separated the plate with double-sided adhesive tape. From then on it works perfectly. I hope it helps. Kind regards!

• The problem cannot be fixed!

I have the same problem and placed tape between the plate. It would be fine for a day and problem will come back.

• i did all the things before. Magnets, tape everywhere, etc. Finally after a year or so I scooped out the grease. Applied the grease Heusinkveld recommended for their pedals. It's working so far, so good. Let see if any metal will be scraped off or not. Next month. At last the shifter feels perfect and it doesn't misshift anymore. I can race with confidence now.