Any chance for Podium pedals in the near future?

Hi,

I am currently planning to update my rig. The DD2 is a done deal, but I really need to update my CSP V1 pedals. I really don't want the V3 pedals. The update in the ergonomics is just not there. I also don't want to leave the ecosystem for the Heusinvelds - although if nothing is announced I would have to.

Is there a chance for new pedals?

-chris

Comments

• There will be Podium Pedals, this was confirmed from Fanatec.

But I doubt that they will come anytime soon, not this year for sure, maybe next year or 2022 ..

For now you should either upgrade to the V3 or V3 Inverted (or go with the Sprints, which are decent!).

• I keep hearing people talk about Podium pedals. What exactly are you looking for in pedals that the V3's dont have, how do you know the podium pedals will have what you are looking for

• The ability to stagger the spacing maybe? Many of the higher end alternatives come as singe pedals allowing you to mount them with whichever spacing you choose. Or just even better build quality. We know that Podium pedals are being developed so it's not unreasonable that people talk about them. The fact that nobody knows what features the Podium pedals will have is exactly why people ask about them. Strange question!

• Ok, didnt think it was unreasonable to talk about just wondering what features people are expecting and if the word "podium" when it comes to pedals means that the pedals have standard industry features or if its just a generic term to mean what some would perceive to be an upgrade. Being able to move the spacing would be important to me for sure.

But the sim racing community is fickle. I remember the Black Friday reaction. I can hear people already, I waited 2 years and the pedals dont have feature X...pass, or I am not paying Y for that when I can get Z.

• Think the initial post in this thread sums up why people are interested to see what Podium pedals might bring to the table. To answer your specific question, "how do you know the podium pedals will have what you are looking for?" - nobody knows what the Podium pedals will offer apart from those involved in development. Hence this thread.

• I want the pedals to be easily spaced differently (like csl elite pedals). I want the Clutch to have the ability to increase the resistance substantially to match a real car clutch, even my 2000 honda civic has a stronger clutch pedal action than the V3's. I want the throttle pedal to be less awkward shaped, its especially odd barefooted. I want a bit longer heel plate. I want the ability to mount each individual pedal directly to a pedal plate/tray.

Overall, I am VERY happy with my V3's and dont plan on upgrading anytime soon unless something truly revolutionizes the pedal game.

• Realistic clutch detent engagement feel.

Better consistency on braking force with easier force adjustment. Easier to maintain without taking apart cleaning out wear dust and re-oiling.

Higher force adjustments.

Higher quality build

Better pedal feedback - not that important unless they come up with something groundbreaking

Better individual pedal location adjustability and pedal shape options.

A brake gnome who yells at you when you miss the braking point and who also works in the yard to give you more time to race.