I’m new to Fanatec please help.

So I’ve bought a brand new ClubSport wheel base V2.5 and a CSL WRC Xbox Steering wheel.. just plugged it in to my Xbox which is already running , press the start button light goes solid red the wheel does its calibration cycle and then it goes to a red blinking mode where it blinks in a circle... shows no life from the wheel at all.. what am I missing here? It’s straight out of the box... tried turning it to Xbox mode... nothing tried everything I can think of... if I hold down the button long enough it blinks blue.. I have no idea what I am doing please help

Comments

• Did you follow the quick setup guide it sent. It tells in there how to setup for xbox.

• Hi

have exact same issue as OP. connected it all up. turned it on and after auto calibration its still red lights. Yes "aaron" - that appears to be everything in the quick start guide. there isn't anything else. it says if its connected to a compatible wheel then it should start in box mode. it doesn't. and it doesn't seem able to switch over either. quick start whilst not great also isn't ambiguous - there donest seem to be any other way to do it.

• Ok- mine (with your same symptoms) is resolved now. As advised by fellow forum chap Maurice - you have to update (on a PC) the base firmware. follow the instructions on the quick start on the base or go via your fanatec account / my products / product / downloads.

its not at all clear that you have to do this even if you are using a console (xsx say) but you do. even though its clear from Fanatec that the product is compatible with the box - it isn't OOTB. you have to update in on a different device. which sucks. espcieally as I wouldn't mind betting a lot of people that get the consol version are mac users. if they had a PC they might be hooking the wheel up to that.

having said all that its so blooming great when you do go through all that. its even better than my already high expectations. so good.

its such a shame that this poor communication (the cynical side of me says they are doing it to protect sales by not putting people off buying one if they have a consol) - if I am being generous then its just poor wording on product and support) starts consol owners off on such a down note. it really leaves a bad taste. expectations could be managed so much better here.

• soon as you finsih the update you get the green lights round the start button. then when you transfer it to the xbox - all is good again.