Real wheel angle unmatches software detected

I'm dealing with some miscorellation between real wheel angle with software detected angle.

I'm using 1080 degrees sensitivity and using Fanatec Software Function Test interface.

Starting from 0 position the wheel has good calibration matching the center.

Turning the wheel on +-90 degrees will result in 74 to 76 degrees detected on the device.657 This leads to a miscorellation between the real wheel position against the software-detected one.

Turning wheel on +-180 degrees the detected angle will be 161 - 163 degrees detected

At full lock, it will show 525 degrees instead of 540.

Also, it seems the less SEN I set the less miscorellation will show. For instance, with a 360 SEN the issue is barely noticeable.

Is this normal behavior? If no, is there a procedure to calibrate and it?

Comments

• Its a known issue of the most recent Firmware. Go back to driver 381 and that included firmware and your issue is fixed.

• Thanks, Maurice,

iI only can find the release candidate version of 381 drivers. Is there any final version upload somewhere?

• RC 381 = final 381. But final 381 is available on all webshop pages.

• Webshop pages only link to driver 402 (although the link text says 400) 381 is only available from the beta drivers section of this website.

• I managed to solve this annoying issue with the following procedure (provided by official Fanatec Support):

- Install the driver 402 and flash the firmware to the wheel base + motor + steering wheel (if necessary).

- Install Fanalab.

- Open the Fanatec Wheel Property Page and turn your steering wheel at 180°.

- Open Fanalab and go to the tuning menu tab and change the SEN (in Fanalab) to any value and back to AUTO again.

- Now the steering angle should be 180° in the Wheel Property Page as well.

- Repeat this step for all 5 tuning menu setups (S_1 - S_5).

It just worked.

Thanks to everyone!

F.

• So as well as the bug in the firmware/drivers for rotation, there is also a bug in FanaLab v 1.54.5. This means I can't do the fix mentioned in the post above.

The CSL Elite wheel base 1.1 and CSL Elite pedals LC are connected to two different USB3 ports (so the pedals get higher resolution). With everything connected and powered up, the devices appear as the should and Property pages can be accessed. Note all drivers and firmware are fully up to date.

Now we run FanaLab. It auto detects the devices on the Main page.

Correctly shows the base, Formula V2 wheel and pedals.

Now go into the Tuning menu, note how on the bottom status line it now says "No wheel device detected" though this is different than the main page and incorrect.

Choosing to redetect on the Main page doesn't solve it.

Please fix FanaLab!

• edited May 2021

This is not a FanaLab issue and can not be fixed.

Your Wheel Base is just NOT compatible with the Tuning Menu Feature. Only CSW v2.5, CSL Elite PS4 and the Podium DDs are compatible with this feature, all other older Bases are not compatible and do not support the feature.

You still need to stay with driver 381 and the included Firmware or wait for the next driver update but there is nothing FanaLab can do in order to get the issue fixed for you.