DD1 wheel self centering, even when in game

I have a new issue that started today with my DD1 in between races. Even when a game is not running the wheel self-centers. In other words, if I turn the wheel 360 degrees it spins around back to the center. I've had older wheels that have done this in the past when not in use, however, these forces are in addition to whatever forces iRacing has.

How do I Disable this? As far as I know, nothing changed on my system to make this occur.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

This can happen if there is a USB connection issue (the wheel can self-centre when turned on and not connected to a PC, so it could be this behaviour that you're seeing). I suggest restarting your PC, trying a different USB port, updating the driver/firmware. If you're still experiencing this, please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Chad CarischChad Carisch Member
    edited March 2021

I tried restarting several times. I reinstalled the driver on my computer and rebooted it. After that it worked as expected. I was already on the latest version and latest firmware.

IDK..... at least its working now.