CSP V3 brake pedal calibration won't go high enough.

Yesterday, the calibration on my brake pedal seemed to just vanish. Suddenly, applying the usual amount of force I would to achieve about 50% braking was causing 100% braking and locking up.

I run my pedals through my CSL Elite wheelbase, and have been running this configuration for about a year without any issue. When I go into the Fanatec Wheel Property Page and attempt to manually calibrate the brake pedal, the same issue appears: When the brake meter in the display (the blue bar) is displaying 100%, there is easily another 30-40% travel remaining in the actual pedal throw. When I apply maximum pressure to the pedal and manually click the "set max" button, it seems to ignore it, and will continue to show 100% until I've released the pedal about 30-40%.

If I connect the pedals directly to the PC via USB, and open the calibration window for the pedals, the opposite is true. When I apply maximum pressure to the pedal, it only displays about 60% brake force being applied. I only have one USB cable, and my setup is taken out and packed away each time I drive, and the cables are zip-tied into place, so running the pedals directly will really be a last resort.

So, effectively, I can only use the first 60-70% of the pedal throw, where the load cell is almost unused. That final 30-40% is where all the "brake feel" happens.

This happened suddenly, in-game (iRacing,) and I can't calibrate the pedals back to their original setting. What to do? It's impossible for me to drive with brakes that lock from applying about 50% of the force I usually do...

Comments

• Did you do a Windows update? Every time I do a update I have issues with my peddles.