McLaren V2 rim on pre order

2»

Comments

• I really don't get where I was hostile to you, I really don't, first question was answered in a normal manner imho, 2nd wasn't a personal attack at you at all, atleast I didn't meant to.

• A simple question about timeline of release of my pre order that was answered by you which was good and i had a follow up question about if the v2 version had already been released to the public or if they were only released to influences to build hype which now came the hostile responses and questions back at me. Questioning where does this thinking come from, and that i should provide evidence of my thinking!!

Honestly WTF is that about? Two simple questions answered by two obviously tainted folk who straight away jump in thinking everything is an attack.

• No Stephen, simply no... I wasn't talking about you providing actual evidence about your thinking. I talked about actual evidence in general when claiming something like you did above. Again, there was no intent in attacking you.

I think we simply had a misunderstanding here, and some other folk here put some extra fuel in the fire, when you already felt attacked.

Im sorry if you did. Again, wasn't my intention.

My only problem later was the personal attacks, that's all.

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited May 2021

SF - So was the rim already released only to the likes of reviewers to build hype and this is the first batch of public v2's or did the first batch just sell out?

SK- that's why normal customers already got them? This is not the first batch, where does this thinking come from?

SF - This thinking comes from my brain, is that okay for me to wonder

SK - no problem at all, but wondering and actual evidence is completely different :)

AA - You implementation was that Fanatec is keeping on purpose the wheels on pre-order status to build hype (your words) and collect money first from the pre-orders and scam them

Does that make things clearer?

• Thanks mate, i am also sorry this whole thing got out of hand.

Yep, that's how it went and it still gives me the impression i was set upon. Oh well, what was said was said but the water has flowed past now and i have happily crossed that bridge.

• Said the firestarter.... 🤣

Gary stop doing selective quotes to pass your own understanding.

My first answer to the OP was....

"You can wonder as much as you like mate. No issues with anyone wondering. The way it was written though was implementing something different though. 😉

Now that you cleared the air and got info that already 3 batches have been sold out I think it answers any assumptions that maybe there. 😎"

And as a grammar Nazi you started making fun of the 2 mistakes from the autocorrect... Anyway....

What you put as AA, was the second answer when Stephen asked why we thought that, and it was only the fist line from a big post explaining why.

But as you usually do.... Conveniently you 've just kept the parts you want and make it look like as you understood it... Now stop making it worse.

• Actually you started the fire by suggesting the OP was implying something he wasn't. He asked a simple question and you and others accused him of implying something else.

He wasn't - and your hostility and suggestions of ulterior motive were unwarranted. This was all before I had even posted. My first post was pointing out that there was misplaced hostility an innocent question - but you and Sascha continued to deny it - you still do.

Sascha has admitted he misunderstood the OP - maybe you should also apologise for misunderstanding what the OP was asking - he never once suggested a scam - yet you accused him of doing so.

• Read again my first post before you jump in...

I cannot draw it as a picture for you to understand that the whole personal attack and the OP calling me a moron was started by your comments. 😉

• Gagaryn .Gagaryn . Member
    edited May 2021

Well, the personal attack was started by you claiming the OP was alleging this was all a scam when all he had done was ask a perfectly reasonable question. Your first post was when you implied the OP meant something other than what he said. You clearly still can't see that you were needlessly aggressive. Can't blame the OP for retaliating - maybe he had a point?

BTW - no offence, but your English skills are ok but aren't great - this may be what led you to jump to the wrong conclusion initially. No shame in admitting you made a mistake. 😘

• Back on topic....I'm dying here! Why when waiting for pre orders to come in does time slow to a crawl? I come back each day hoping the date has come forward....I know, i should go to sleep for a month :p