Handbrake with WRC wheel compatibility issues on Dirt 2.0 (PS4)

Hi,

I have a Clubsport Handbrake which i was using with a CSL elite pack (formula wheel) - all was working well. Then i purchased a fanatec WRC wheel, which after some research I found would only work on Dirt 2.0 on PS4 if you put the wheelbase into "PC mode". But the problem I have now is that the handbrake doesn't work properly when I put the wheelbase into PC mode.

Has anyone experienced this and/ or know a workaround to get both the WRC wheel and the Handbrake to work properly on Dirt 2.0 ?? i would be grateful for any solution as i'm now left with the option of either using the WRC wheel or the handbrake on the only game i play.

Thanks. C

Comments

• Try putting the base in “Purple Mode” not PC Mode. Hold the mode button on the base and it should cycle between modes. Something like blue, red, orange, purple, maybe even green(not sure about that one). Make sure to assign your wheel like a controller with the PS button.

• Hi Joshua,

Thanks, yes the WRC wheel works in 'purple' mode (i thought this was PC mode but im probably wrong on that) but the problem is the handbrake doesn't work in this mode. Handbrake only seems to work in Blue (PS) mode, which makes the WRC wheel not work in Dirt 2.0.

• Ok, yea my bad I’m not 100% on the modes to color matching. On the controller input bindings page what do you have the handbrakes set to? Is it set to circle? Unfortunately, circle is double used. Meaning that circle on the wheel is also the handbrake as well as the actual handbrake.

• Yeah - i tried assigning the handbrake input to my physical handbrake rather than the (default) circle button, but the game seems to immediately default handbrake input back to circle button. So when i use the handbrake it is like pressing the circle button on the wheel. This also makes the handbrake operate on/off in the game and not analogue.

• I was meaning to mention that. Unfortunately, it doesn’t act very well like an analog at all. Like you said it’s pretty much a button. There are a few things you can try to do to help but it’s still pretty much just like a button. It is something that the PS4 owners of Dirt 2.0 have to deal with. I don’t necessarily know if it’s a problem with PC players.

• Well its a pretty annoying thing to have to live with, because dirt 2.0 is the only game i play :( so i cant use my WRC wheel & handbrake together (both of which i bought specifically to use on Dirt 2.0)....

• You can still use them together. If I’m not mistaken it was an issue from the game side, CodeMasters, as to why that combination doesn’t work in blue mode.

• Hi guys!

I have the same issue what you've mentioned. Csl elite wheel base, wrc wheel on ps4. Handbrake v1.5 is connected directly to the wheel base and still nothing happens. I can't set it inside the game (dirt rally 2.0) to work instead of circle button nor I can't see it within fanatec software (which is normal as I read in another topic).

Could you find any solution to this problem or I just need to accept to be deprived of my handbrake? Thx in advance!