ClubSport Universal Hub V2 and ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
I've been seeing a few questions pop up about the new ClubSport Universal Hub V2s that are now available for pre-order.
What is the difference between the V1 and V2?
- Both Xbox and non-Xbox V2s have revised electronics, magnetic shifters, and upgradeable quick release.
- In anticipation of the move to QR2, we are now shipping the quick release in a separate box. So when you add this product to the basket, you'll see that it also adds the 'QR1 Wheel-Side' (formerly named ClubSport Quick Release Adapter) to your basket.
What is the difference between the V2 and V2 for Xbox?
- The both are essentially the same spec, but the Xbox-licensed version includes an authentication chip that allows compatibility with Xbox systems (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S).
- Like the previous ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox, the V2 for Xbox comes fitted with Xbox button caps, which are removable. Generic 'racing style' caps are included. It also includes an 'F' signet sticker to fit over the Xbox logo on the FunkySwitch if you wish to make its appearance more neutral for multi-platform use. The Xbox-type buttons on the top of the hub are not removable however.
- The non-Xbox version's top buttons are numbered, so it has a more 'platform neutral' appearance in that sense. It also only includes the racing-style caps, and its FunkySwitch is branded with the 'F' signet.
What does 'revised electronics' mean?
- The ClubSport Universal Hub V2 / V2 for Xbox now uses a more modern microcontroller, the same as the one first introduced with the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2. This allows user-updatable firmware, unlike the previous Universal Hub. It now also supports the Podium Button Module Endurance directly with the DataPort-C connection, unlike the previous version which required an adapter.
If you have further questions, ask them below and I'll try to address them!
[Fanatec Community Manager]