Will my setup work?

Hi, I’m planning On upgrading from my Logitech 920 to the csl dd, csl elite steering wheel wrc and csl elite pedals. And first of all asking for any suggestions in maybe changes to the setup and secondly to check that as it would all be compatible together on Xbox and PC as I’m really confused. Thanks.

Comments

• with this setup you should be good to go on XBOX and PC. It depends on the games you play really. A round wheel is a good allrounder for starters. If you are more into GT racing the McLaren V2 would be a great option.

• Thank you for your informative comment, I do tend to play more gt games but I just realised that the McLaren V2 is out of stock on the website. Does that mean it’s out of stock permanently or it will come back in stock or if it would take to long to wait should I just get a round wheel. Thanks.

• I'm sure it'll be back in stock. It's been a very popular wheel for Fanatec. You may as well just wait and get what you really want, as you're going to be waiting a while for the CSL DD anyway.

• Hi, thanks Gregg. I think I have one more question which is how fast things sell out. So when the CSL DD is released would I have an issue getting it due to a high demand or should I be fine. And if it does go out of stock would it come back in stock relatively quickly, or should I preorder it now? Thanks.

• The thing is, with the CSL DD, as far as I know, there hasn't really been a formal "release date". The pre-orders that have been going on are because of a lack of stock on Fanatec's side. People are slated to receive them any time from September to sometime in November now, depending on when they ordered.

I think the reason for most things on Fanatec's site being unavailable is due in large part to the whole global chip shortage. As that situation gradually becomes less of an issue (hopefully), I think we should see more availability of a wider range of things on Fanatec's site.

When that might be though, is anybody's guess. My advice to you would be to keep an eye on their site, and if something that you want shows as "available for pre-order", jump on it, and then be prepared to wait. Otherwise, it may sell out and you'll have to wait even longer.

• Thanks Gregg and Sascha, I think that’s all my questions answered. Thanks you for all your help, I may have to wait a bit to get all of this but it will be a big upgrade from my Logitech g920! Thank you!

• My only question is how are you planning on mounting are you on a desk or a rig?

• I don’t have a rig so I’d probably buy the desk mount which I put on a £5 foldable table and on my Logitech it seems to work fine unless you’d recommend I’d get a rig if that’s better

• A rig will always be better than a desk, depends on your budget and if you have the space for a rig :) if you plan to use it on a desk you might want to order the table mount for the CSL DD.

• Really, at the moment I can’t afford all of this as I’ll have to save up to about January next year, so thanks for answering all my questions about the compatibility as I decided I wanted to choose everything now and know it would all work when I eventually do get it. So the main thing I’m worried about now is when I do get the money, will these items be in stock and if not whether they don’t come back in stock or take a long time. Great to hear back from you from this. Thanks.

• Oh, and thanks Sascha about the rig answer, as I can’t afford it I’d probably just go with the table mount and possibly save up at a later time for a rig :)

• So the main question is will I have an issue getting everything in the future? As I don’t think I really clarified it. Thanks.

• Well... you would think so, but not necessarily. There are some pretty shoddy entry-level rigs out there, where a solid table may actually give you a better experience by comparison. I guess it also depends on what one considers a "rig".

• Magic 8-ball says... the future is cloudy. 😉

Seriously, no one knows. If you can't afford it now, it doesn't really do much good to worry about it. Save up some money, then see what's available when you're ready.

• yeah you're right, should have written a proper rig is always better than a desk :P

• Thanks Gregg :)