Clubsport V3 Rumble got weak

Hey Fanatec Forum,

I recently got my hands on some Clubsport V3 Pedals and after setting them up initially they worked great out of the box. When I played Assetto Corsa I could feel vibrations when locking up and when I had wheelspin. I was more than happy back then.

Recently I have noticed that I don't get any feedback from my pedals whatsoever. When I tried my pedals in-game with a car without abs there is no (or next to none) feedback on the throttle or brake pedal. After that, I opened the Fanatec Wheel Property Page and tried to Test Rumble Brake and Throttle and I can see the weights spinning and giving just a little feedback but way too little to make noticeable feedback when driving. I also remember the rumbling motors being a lot louder when spinning with the test function and now they are really quiet (near silent).

I updated my drivers and reinstalled Fanalab but so far I cannot get them to work like they used to.

Just in case anyone needs it, here are my settings:

Did I mess up my settings somewhere or are my rumble motors damaged?

Could anyone please help me, because I want to get the nice and immersive feeling of my pedals back.

With kind regards,

Lukas

Comments

• Did You try turn holder of motor just a little bit?

If it´s moved then rumble feel may weaken.

However I have same problem and there is few older threads about same thing.

Rumble was noticeable before but now can´t feel anything. Pedals purchased under year ago.

Got new motor from technical support but didn´t affect anything. (It´s pretty troublesome to change because you have to remove pedals from axle).

Tried turn motor holder to all possible positions but no luck.

I have two ButtKicker Gamer 2 attached to my rig so I can feel wheel slip and wheel lock.

• Thanks for the answer!

I am pretty sure I did not turn the motor holder. Everything seems to be in place and I did not take my pedals apart, so I suppose everything should still work.

I have searched for a solution in the forum, but so far I have not seen an answer that could have helped me.

In my opinion, the problem could lie within the broken motors, damaged circuit board so the motors cant spin at full power, or new drivers.

I hope there is a solution to my problem. I would even send in my pedals to get them fixed and pay for that service because missing out on the vibration feedback just makes the pedals like any other pedals on the market.

With kind regards,

Lukas

• I Have my pedals connected by usb and control the motors with Simhub, gives better rumble imo

• I just wanted to post an update on my problem:

I wanted to narrow down the potential errors I could have so I did some research and here is what I've found out.

I tried around to fix the placement of my motors as suggested above but no help there, they just keep on spinning weak as they have done before.

Next, I took off the cover and measured the voltage of the contact leading to the motors, and I have gotten 3 Volts out of them. I haven't found any official information about how much voltage the motors need but I have seen some posts are saying that they take 5 Volts. If that's the case then I probably need a new circuit board.

If the 3 Volts are enough I probably need new motors.

With kind regards,

Lukas

• Fanatec technical support wrote that it can´t caused by newer driver because voltage is same and motors are on/off.

But it would be interesting to test with older/original firmware for V3 pedals.

I think rumble never felt with newer one but maby just coincidense.

(Like I wrote, replacing motor did not affect anything)

Let us know Lukas if You find solution or get Your rumble motors repaired.

• Ok so I wrote the support about my problem and I've been told, that my pedals are fine and that the motors can get weak as they wear in.

Just to demonstrate how the motors are spinning I've made a video (with inverted motors to show them spinning) and you can see and hear that they are not spinning as fast as they should/did before:

The software should not be the problem, I think the problem lies within the motors.

Currently, I am working on a DIY fix to get them running perfectly again.

With kind regards,

Lakas

• Like I wrote, they send me new motor and it was exactly same as old one, no more power.

So maby there is some other component which cause weakening?!

I tried older firmware for V3 pedals and also direct connection to PC and control by SimHub, no affect.

I give up, Fanatec should remove those weak rumbble motors under pedals, those are useless.

• That is better than original, but not enough.

I have stiffest perf rubbers so maby that´s one reason.