Random disconnects of Porsche 911 GT3 wheel

DD1 base... as far as I can tell, no obvious issues when using the Formula wheel.

My 2nd wheel is the Porsche wheel below. As I drive, the OLED seems to keep resetting (white background looking for torque acknowledgement). No matter if the locking collar is tight or not I can seem to trigger a 'reset' by gently wiggling the wheel. Obviously, this is a bit looser if the lock collar is loose.

No broken or bent pins... just the wonky display. To be clear, it's not just the display... the rev lights act up too.

I've seen so many posts about pins and loose QR point. The whole rig is running v402 of the drivers and FW is fully updated. Just more connection bullsh*t from a mediocre design? Or has anybody else got any ideas.

I've contacted Fanatec support but I'm not optimistic. Pretty disappointed. :(

Comments

• I have the same setup. I haven't had any issues with the ITM screen but I have had the RPM shift lights at the top go from "kind on the eyes" to "blinding light of staring directly at the sun" a few times mid race which is really distracting.

I have had issues with DD1 randomly not responding on the PS5 (GT Sport) when I have the wheel base screen set to anything other than the Fanatec logo (such as to monitor motor temp and FFB levels to get it dialed in and know what setting I like it at.