Clubsport Pedals V3i - Brake Pedal spikes? Normal behavior or defect? (Solved)

Johannes HagnJohannes Hagn Member
edited June 2021 in Pedals

Hey everyone.

I'm not sure if this exact issue has already been pointed out by Fanatec or any of you guys,

but I have noticed a strange behavior with my brake pedal.

It started out about a month ago, when I noticed that my braking motions weren't as smooth as they used to be,

so I figured, it might just be a bad calibration of my CSP V3i...

Got out of the Sim, recalibrated and saw lots of spiking action once I pushed my brake pedal in the Fanatec Control panel.

I have attached a link to a short video, so you can actually see what I'm talking about here.

https://youtu.be/cqF7KA9z5oo

Is this actually normal and wanted behavior of the load cell, or is it broken in some way?

I'd like to hear your take on it, before contacting the Fanatec support for something potentially harmless.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Thats the intended behavior of the new Firmware 1.31 which was released some months ago.

Did you updated to FW 1.31? If so, try downgrade back to 1.30 and see if it fixes this stutter.

• Johannes HagnJohannes Hagn Member
    edited June 2021

Oh wow that was quick!

Yes, now that you mentioned it... that was about two months ago or so.

So that could actually explain it.

Is it so the brake force can be modulated even more accurately, or what was the intention behind it exactly?

Thanks for the quick response, Maurice!

I appreciate it.

EDIT : Well what shall I say except... you're right.

I swiftly went ahead and downgraded the Firmware to 1.30 and all of the sudden it behaves smooth as silk again.

That was likely the quickest fix to a non-existing problem ever! :)

Thanks again for your help, Maurice.

I'll update the FW again and continue on racing, now that I know everything is in perfect working order.

Have a good one.

• Please i need information how I downgrade the firmware of my ClubSport V3 pedal to 1.30

My brake pedal spikes totally equal

• When you are on driver 400+ just open the firmware manager, click on manual update, click the three dots and the 1.30 is already pre-selected for you for downgrade.