Fanatec CSL Pedals - Test

Today (June 28th, 2021) I received the Fanatec CLS pedals.

After unpacking, I assembled the pedals according to my ideas.

21 cm between the pedals and the pedal plates offset by 1 screw downwards.

Pedals with Hall sensors are more maintenance-friendly and that's why I decided on these. (I watched Dirt Rally 2.0 for about 1400 hours as a Billy Rally fan)

Since I already have the Clubsport USB adapter from the CLS Elite pedals (driver version 402), I only had to pull the RJ12 off the CLS Elite pedals and plug in the new pedals.

Oops, no input is shown !?

Only after I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable did it work.

Then calibrated the pedals in Dirt Rally 2.0. Runs perfectly.

After a few test runs, the gas and brakes feel more precise.

I am very satisfied with the Fanatec CLS pedals.

I can recommend them to everyone in this price range. Around 80 euros and worth every penny.

Now I'm just waiting for the Loadcell brake kit.

My conclusion:

I use these pedals with a Thrustmaster T150.

They complement each other perfectly and I'm very happy with the pedals.

There are currently no better pedals at this price.

Accelerating and braking just work great for me.

Clear recommendation from me.

Comments

• I got mine yesterday as well and I am also satisfied. I haven't done direct comparison yet but I feel that I am faster and more consistent compared to my old G25.

But I noticed 2 issues. It looks like pedals work as 8 bit. In iRacing max value for all 3 pedals is 255. I am using Clubsport USB adapter. Driver 405.

The second one is that all 3 pedals, when pressed and hold between 5-95% range, spiking itself a little bit up and down.

I hope that both of them are software issues and not hardware and can be fixed.

• The second is that all 3 pedals, when pressed and held between 5-95%, will move themselves up and down a little.

-

I've tried it on myself and it doesn't move up and down.

Have you calibrated the pedals !?

When I have started my computer, I go to the Fanatec pedal settings and press the gas and brake pedals.

Driver 405!?

I think you have made a mistake, because driver 402 is the one that Franatec can load.

I've already driven Dirt Rally 2.0 for 10 hours and haven't noticed any abnormalities.

The pedals also work perfectly at Dirt Rally and F1 2020.

I also use the Clubsport USB adapter - "Driver 402"

• 405 is the most recent correct driver to be used with the pedals when connected to the ClubSport USB Adapter, available on the download page of the USB Adapter.

• I'm waiting for them to announce the load cell so that I can get it in a bundle. Waiting isn't exactly the right word though!

• Conclusion after a week of testing with Dirt Rally 2.0 (approx. 30 - 40 hours) and the Fanatec CSL pedals with Hall sensors:

I've been riding the Fanatec CSL pedals for a week now and my times have improved a lot.

At the start, I can precisely measure and maintain the speed with the accelerator pedal.

When cornering, you can precisely control the drift with the accelerator pedal.

If you slip too much, take off the accelerator and the vehicle stabilizes and then accelerates again.

I didn't notice any abnormalities with the pedals.

My verdict after a week with the Fanatec CSL pedals with Hall sensors: The gas can be controlled very precisely, as can the brake. (Hopefully the Load Cell Kit will come soon)

The pedals are very massive and nothing wobbles.

It is a real pleasure to drift around the corner with the pedals.

I also find it positive that the pedals can be adjusted in width and the pedal plates in height. Perfect for me !!!!

The rating from me on a scale of 0-10:

9 Why only 9.

With the Load Cell Kit, these pedals get a 10 from me. I've never had a load cell kit on pedals. This further improves the braking feeling.

I am completely satisfied with the pedals and can recommend them to everyone.

These pedals are the perfect complement to the Thrustmaster T150 which I own. (The CSL DD Base is already on my wish list for Christmas. :-))

I hope the Load Cell Kit is coming soon.

Fanatec done great.

• That's exciting to hear. Thanks for the review. My pedals should be here in a couple days, shipped yesterday. Unfortunately they'll sit in the box until a PS version of the CSL DD arrives. Fingers crossed it's in 2021.

Have you seen the pedal rumblers they just released for the Clubsport gas pedal? That's interesting especially at $20 if they release a CSL version. Definitely getting the LC too whenever that comes out though.

• My V1 clubsports died recently so ordered the CSL pedals. Sadly no load cell available yet so have had to waste approx 50 euros on the USB adapter and extra shipping. If the Thrustmaster load cells were in stock anywhere would have bought those instead.

• I received my new CSL Pedals on Thursday. My problem is that I cannot recognize throttle, the brake works fine. I mailed the suuport but they also cannot help me.

I removed and installed the latest drivers and firmwares (402 and 405) and rebootet the system in several times. I tried it with a base and also with the Clubsport USB Adaptor. I also tried it on my PC, Laptop and tried other cables but the result was the same.

Has anyone els the same issue?

• edited November 2021

I have also received my CSL Pedals but i have some isues the pedals are not steady a little wiggle is on the pedals, one thing i hate is that the brake pressure is to hard with the yellow rubber. My pedals is slipping away (i have a concrete floor) during race and i am looking for a solution maybe attach it to a wooden board. Like my old pedals. I am also using the pedals with my thrustmaster TMX. I was looking for a liitle bit softer rubber to put it back at my brake pedal. One question can i remove the yellow rubber tot test it without but can i put it back again.

• My solution:

I have in zb. Dirt Rally 2.0 set the brake pedal utilization to 75.

This means that I don't have to press the brake pedal so hard and I have a better braking feeling.

Try these settings until it suits you.