QR1 Storage Cap

I designed and 3d printed a plug/cap that fits in the QR1 to protect the end. It can be downloaded from PrusaPrinters at https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/71853-fanatec-qr1-protection-cap

Or if you don't have a printer I can print one or two for you. The burgundy nut is my final design shape but I was trying different color combos while I changed the design.

Comments

• I would be interested in getting 1or 2 from you, as well and was wondering if you thought about a shaft cover for the current wheelbases? I would be interested in that as well. Definitely willing to compensate you for your time and material. Honestly, I would prefer it.

• Joshua I'd be glad to print you two wheel caps. No charge, this is a hobby not my income hustle. What colors / accents would you like?

That's a good idea to design a shaft cover. Unfortunately I don't have a shaft to test it out on. Maybe I can print a few different sizes, send them to you and you can tell me what works best? I'd appreciate a glamour shot of the cover installed afterward. You can email me at [email protected] with your color choices and an address to send the parts. I'm in Santa Maria California (an hour north of Santa Barbara) if you're close enough to hook up in person.

• Joshua,

Like I said, I don't have a wheel base yet to get measurements off. That's going to be Christmas in October I believe. Until then I need someone with a Wheel Base and some calipers to take some measurements for me so that I can design a shaft cover. I'll model it similar to the emergency stop button.

• Matthew, that will be much appreciated, I will send you and email this weekend sometime. Didn’t mean to imply that you wanted to make a buck, I just know that material isn’t free, especially when having to make trial and error pieces. When it comes to the shaft cover, I may have some calipers to get good measurements for you, it would be the shaft from a CSL Elite but that shouldn’t matter. But, in addition I was wondering, couldn’t you use the wheel plug you made as a reference for the the shaft cap? The cap would mostly just be a dust cover.

• Material isn't free but it's pretty cheap. It's the cost of the R&D process, which I enjoy doing. I won't complain if you want to cover the cost of shipping.

Yes I can get the basic design of the shaft, and most of the rough dimensions, from what I've got. It won't have the perfect fit though until I have the opportunity to test fit half a dozen iterations. I want it to glide on and lightly snap into place. I want it to look and feel like it's supposed to be there. Maybe that's taking it a bit too far for just a shaft cover, but I've got some time to kill lol.

• Hey Matthew, I sent you an email last week, I’m not sure if it went through correctly or not. Let me know if you got it. If not I will try and send it again.