Please help me ... I WILL PAY YOU... Wheel disconnects at full lock

Its extremely unfortunate that It has came to this. Like most I purchased Fanatec with high hopes. This was "upgrade" from my 10 year old gear. THIS HAS BEEN a nightmare. The issue is at full lock my wheel disconnects then reconnects. It will do it every time not matter what and I have done and read everything I can find. I'm using CSW universal hub and have purchased another one to see if that resolved the issue "NOPE" The tech support for Fanatec is one of the worse I have ever came across. I will start dialog with a tech and then they will Ghost me. Talking about you Arian

I'm willing to pay anyone that can help me sort this out. Since Fanatec fails at doing their job. I'm only continuing this head ache because I'm so deep into this BS....

Comments

• Are all drivers and firmwares up tp date? Which wheelbase do you have? I suppose you checked all plugs (power/usb).

• Thanks for the reply. Yes... I have uninstalled and update all firmware multiple times. Base is CSW 2.5v with CSW Universal Hub. I have changes USB ports and did both USB and C. I have tried 2 different Hubs same condition remains. Going to now try to use a different computer all together see if issue follows.

• Motor FW 22

PC 402

WBFW 684

Exact same problem when set-up to different computer

• Hey Jason,

Maybe the issue is mechanical, if it's just disconnecting at a particular point in wheel rotation.

I don't have any obvious solutions, so here's some ideas and questions that may prompt others to respond:

• Is the system new or used? If used you it opens up the possibilities for wear/damage that should be considered.
    • Idea 1 - Broken pin/connector between the hub and wheel? Even relatively new systems have had this issue, check out 'My Fanatec Customer Service Experience' by Boosted Media on YouTube for some explanation and images. Try inspecting the pins and see that they're all straight and undamaged. Check a pin isn't lodged in the wheelbase like described in the video.
    • Idea 2 - Wiring loom between the circuit board and wheelbase hub issue? Do a search for Fanatec Teardown on YouTube and check out the video by Sim Racing Garage for the V2.5, it will help you understand what parts are inside and what could be causing an issue.
    • Does the disconnect happen at full lock both ways, or just one way?
    • Is the disconnection a complete wheelbase reboot/disconnect from the PC/console, what does the calibration tool show when it happens?
    • Try a driver rollback to something older, not sure where to get those old drivers now that 402 is up on the main page though...

Good luck!

• Ben,

Thanks for the insight. The base is roughly 4 month old and was purchased new. I thought that the issue could be a bad pin or hub issue so, I purchased another CSW universal hub off Ebay in very good condition. Replacing the hub made no difference. Same issue both directions. IF you go to full lock in either direction the you will hear the USB ping and it will disconnect. It will however reconnect with in a second or two but will lose any feedback and a full re-boot is in order to get it back. I just wish Tech support would get back to me.

• Hey Ben,

have you tried to contact the support by phone or mail? IDK i think you equip should be send to Fanatec. This will take a long time but may it will be fixed??

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jason,

I looked into this. It seems the second support ticket caused a bit of confusion on our end. The original support agent has since replied to you so hopefully this can be resolved quickly from now on. I apologise for the delay.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• My man you bought a new wheel , still under warranty and then you decide to just purchase more fanatec products hoping that fixes it? Always hound them to uphold their warranty! You paid for that by buying new!

• Dominic,

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately after the first correspondence I have not received any follow up emails. This has been the issue from the onset. I get a inquiry email and I reply then get no response. Any suggestions. I have sent PING emails and still no reply.