CSL DD 410 Driver missing the ‘’Motor sensor calibration’’ button

I have issues with cogging.

Due to the magnet orientation (a magnet on 0, 90, 180, 270), my wheel in dead center wants to go tiny bit to the left or tiny bit to the right. It wont stay dead center.

FAQ on the product page says

"Such cogging (feeling the motor turning in steps because of the magnets) can be felt with the Podium DD bases. The effect is caused by the magnets that are inside the base. Such unpleasant effect can be eliminated by performing the Motor Sensor Calibration.

In order to initiate the process, open the Fanatec Wheel property page and go to the ‘’Settings’’ tab. Take the steering wheel off the base and press the ‘’Motor sensor calibration’’ button. The base will perform the calibration procedure and it will take only a few seconds."

This function is not available in the 410 driver. (which is the only version i have, so i can not fix this).

See screenshots; i can not find this function with wheel on base or removed.

What to do?

Comments

• edited August 2021

THe CSL DD intentionally does not have a motor calibration button.

The motor is smoother than DD1 and DD2 and it does not need any motor calibration. In fact, a motor calibration would make more damage because it has some negative side effects like a sticky feeling and vibration on some magnet points - like the Podium DD have.

But because its already smoother than Podium DD out of box its an intended decision to not be able to calibrate the CSL DD at all - at least for now until maybe in the future the Motor calibration is improved and could be done without the aforementioned negative side effects.

BTW, regarding the issue that the wheel wants to "move" a bit to one side and doesnt stay straight: Thats something a motor calibration also could not fix 100% anyway, it could make it maybe sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly better but the cost you would take is that the wheel would vibrate.

• Never understood why the calibration option is still there since nobody is using it (at least over here i always read, "try erasing the calibration"). Tried motor calibration once, erased it once, never looked back at it.

• If the motor calibration button is intentionally not available for the CSL DD, then why add that solution twice in the CSL DD FAQ?

once under 'cogging' and once under 'not feeling smooth'

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-dd

• edited August 2021

Good question, needs to be removed from FAQ page, yes.