CSL DD & H Pattern Shifting Not Calibrating

2»

Comments

• Thanks this worked immediately for me, i also had the shifter on me. Don't know if it makes a difference. I will 3D print a mounting so i will be fixed on plastic.

• Did insulating the mounting plate for the shifter resolve the issue for you? I was thinking I might have to do something similar as a workaround for this issue (product seems to have a flaw in the design or a broken run of units of either shifter of wheelbase). Let's be clear however that this would be a WORKAROUND and NOT a solution to the issue with the product.

I've tried putting packing foam as an electrical insulator between the mounting plate and the shifter and that does not solve the issue so it definitely seems like it is an electromagnetic issue rather than an electrical issue messing with signal ground.

I was thinking whether it would be easier to insulate the shifter mount from the rig or the wheel mounting plate from the rest of the rig.

• I would also like to know this. I've done some testing and removing the shifter from the rig does seem to stop the problem however I have caught it bouncing gears once while holding it. Unfortionatly for me it seems electrical isolation isn't enough as I needed a few mm of carboard under the shifter just sitting there to stop misbehaving. Tried electrical tape to no avail...

Has anyone had success in earthing their rig?

• I ended up solving this problem by spacing my shifter out from my rig with a 15mm block of wood. Electrically isolating the shifter has worked.

• As of 12-24-2021 Just received wheelbase. Like others I could not calibrate using the software, however when connecting to the usb adaptor all worked. The resolution, to my issue anyway was to calibrate it from the wheel as per the quick guide.

In order to enter the H-pattern shifter calibration mode, press the button combination as described in the quick guide of the attached Fanatec steering wheel while an H-pattern shifter is connected. Put the H-pattern shifter lever into the position shown on the steering wheel display and acknowledge each gear position by pressing the indicated button for the attached steering wheel to get to the next one.

So far been using for a couple hours and seems to work just fine. I did not unmount the shifter from the cockpit either ( was not isolated ) from metal. And I did not disconnect it from the computer usb c from the wheel base either. All good! Man what a setup!

https://youtu.be/QtJ4pAGaPgg

• Reply from Fanatec support.

Hello George,

thank you for contacting us. After we have analyzed the issue, we found that the customer needs to use a specific RJ12 cable to connect the shifter to the CSL DD Wheelbase.

We will immediately start the procedures to send you the needed RJ12 cable. Our office will inform you about the further procedure as soon as possible.

If anything is still unclear, do not hesitate to get back to me please.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Fareed

(Fanatec Support Team)

• I solved the problem removing the shifter from the support of my rig, and magically I was able to do the calibration. once finished I placed the shifter back on the structure.

• I can not figure it out, I use The club sport v2 for xbox on csl dd, when the shifter is on H mode most of the xbox buttons do not respond on xbox. On the V2 configuration page on my pc , the buttons respond when pressed, also I can not calibrate the shifter on the pc, nor from the wheel since the led screen does not get into shifter cal mode. On the pc it looks like it is not responding to any gear changes when in H, but gives me feedback when I try gear changes in seq. When I use the sequential mode everything works perfect on xbox as well. I am running on 434 and latest firmwares and the shifter is connected to wheel base with Rj12.

• Mine Calibrates in the wheel itself, but Iracing wont let me use it on any car that uses an H pattern shifter, and before you ask no I am not trying to use it on the Mazda :D

• I just solved my shifter problem using this forum, how i did it was i tryed unplugging the usb from the computer and unplugged the shifter, proceeded to plug the shifter back in the reset the wheel menu, then i waited for the wheel to say what looked like 6_n witch was actually meant to be a G_n for Gear_neutral. i proceeded to place my shifter in neutral and press random buttons, for me i got the basic ready 2 run 5nm pack with the fanatec wheel and its confirmation button was the 3 button. once pressed the wheel will proceed to change to what looked like 6_r and it was G_r for reverse where i placed the shifter in reverse and then hit 3 again where it proceeded onward until G_7 and once i finished it i turned my wheel off and then plugged it into the computer again and it all worked, hoped it helped, good luck