Caution Please update the FW - out of nowhere

edited September 2021 in Steering Wheels

Hi,

some advice plz.

yesterday my wheel was not changing gears in the middle of a race (i think this was the second time in the last weeks), some clickclickclick later gears were back to reacting normal.

Just a moment ago i wanted to train a bit, 10mins in hotstint, wheel turns off and in display that above message shows up. Now i am a bit worried, is my wheel slowly dying or what ? Should i reflash the FW ?

Formula V2, CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals

PC driver 402

WB FW 684

SW FW 40

Game ACC

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Andreas,

It could be a connection issue somewhere. First thing I would check is that the bolts on the inside of the QR (surrounding the pins) are tight. Check both base-side and wheel-side. If you still have issues please contact support so that they can troubleshoot it correctly.

You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Ok, thx, will do. the wheel bolts were indeed a very small amount loose. Wheel base bolts were tight.