CSL DD disconnects from PC as soon as wheel is plugged in

I have a CSL DD, and am using a Clubsport Universal Hub. I have the newest firmare/driver (415) and have contacted customer service multiple times. I got everything out of the box and put on my rig, go to start everything up and find the DD disconnects when I attach the universal hub/rim. I saw another forum post where two people had the same issue as me, however I never found an answer. Can anyone help me? Im on the verge of cancelling my entire order and shipping it all back. I have tried every driver known to man, contacted support multiple times, searched all over the forums, the internet, and youtube. I am at my witts end, someone PLEASE help me.

Comments

• Brad GoudieBrad Goudie Member
    edited September 2021

I can’t answer this in relation to the CSL DD however the USB cable, USB extension cable or hub can cause USB issues like disconnection if the cable is damaged or of lower quality

• hi, i will try and help, we need to understand the setup you have so Questions.... are you using a usb hub, what is the DD connected to ? usb 2.0 usb 3.0 ! are you using the offcial usb lead, is the DD powering down, what mode do you have it in, have you tried compatabilty mode, do you have another wheel to test it with, there are many question if you could outline your prosess that you went through so we can fault find, and do you have a laptop you can duplicate this issue with, its possable that the hub is not configured correctly via the DD do you have another base you can test with like the csl elite ?

• edited September 2021

Eli, I'm having the exact same issue as you. As soon as I power on the wheel base (with a steering wheel attached) it does its calibration, then connects to my PC for a split second followed by immediately disconnecting. I've tried the following fixes to no avail:

• Different USB ports on my PC (both USB 2.0 and 3.0). Though I've had no issues with this PC and my CSL Elite wheel base.
    • Turning USB power management on and off
    • Two different Fanatec wheels (Mclaren V2 and a CSL Elite PS4)
    • Can't seem to put it into compatibility mode as in order to do that the wheel base needs to be communicating with the steering wheel
    • 411, 412 and 415 drivers (each time properly uninstalled and reinstalled)
    • If I turn the base on without a wheel attached and then attach a steering wheel it occasionally, briefly sends power to the steering wheel if I press it on really hard but as soon as I tighten the quick release lite (Mclaren V2) it disconnects itself
    • When attempting to use my CSL Elite PS4 wheel which requires the set screw to be tightened I noticed that the holes don't correctly line up when the steering wheel is on the base (see picture attached) which leads me to believe that there's some sort of a manufacturing defect with the quick release shaft on the wheel base itself. If the steering wheel could go onto the wheel base by another 0.5-1mm that would probably solve the issue (just a guess).

Please let me know if you end up finding a fix and I'll do the same.

After Fanatec having my money for 3 months and then sending me a wheel that doesn't appear to have been properly QC'd I'm very frustrated.

• UPDATE

I've started the RMA process for my CSL DD. Before doing so I measured the shaft length on both my CSL Elite wheel base and my new CSL DD wheel base. As suspected the DD wheel base shaft is roughly 1mm longer than the CSL Elite wheel base shaft. This would explain why if I push my steering wheel (either wheel) onto the CSL DD wheel base really firmly and hold it there the pins make contact and there's a signal sent from the wheel base to the steering wheel. However as soon as I'm no longer pushing firmly or I tighten the quick release lite clamp the steering wheel immediately disconnects from the wheel base.

• Is it possible that the plug inside the shaft has moved ?