Xbox functionality and fanatec sdk,status?

I know there have been posts on this in the past, but I haven’t seen anything in a while. So what IS the status on this? From what I have read it seems that Microsoft and Fanatec like to point fingers at each other , but honestly I just want it to all work. I have a Mclaren wheel that I would love to get full functionality on. Can we at least get an official statement in where this stands ? I would really appreciate it and I’m sure I’m not the only one . Thank you

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Status quo. Microsoft need to enable support for this and it’s not really about pointing fingers. The option is there to support it.

• I hear ya. I did read something about logic tech wheels were able to get full functionality on their wheels. I know it doesn’t have as much buttons as a fanatec wheel, but that would still be more than the standard Xbox controller. Is it because that logic tech is a larger company and was able to work something out with MS? Any ideas ?

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited October 3

I don't believe we'll ever get a clear answer about this, much less a working solution that enables full Xbox button support.

I've been an Xbox player for 15+ years, and I finally got tired of waiting. Last month I bit the bullet and now nearly all of my gaming is done on PC.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited October 18

As far as I'm aware, Logitech used a loophole that has now been closed by MS on Series X|S consoles. However, Microsoft are in the process of changing this and are open to the idea of allowing more functionality. This will still take some time but things are in motion.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Cheers for the update Dom. First sign of actual progress and is welcome news.

• Thank you Dominic . Looking forward to hear more from on this.

• I am using the Logitech G923 on XBOX, and I can confirm that this is NOT true. I was just on ACC, and I can map alt the extra buttons and use them in game.

• It *is* true, I think you just misunderstood what Dominic wrote. He said the loophole that Logitech used has now been closed, meaning that if they (or anyone else, presumably) tried to develop a new wheel to take advantage of the same loophole, they would be unable to.

He didn't mean that existing wheels have lost functionality as a result of the loophole closing.

• the lack of functionality of Fanatec on xbox is frustrating especially when there is still no official reason as to how a SDK for playstion is sorted but apparently the ability to map and have rev leds is not possible on XBOX due to Microsoft. yet i seen a video of a guy running on xbox series x using the thrustmaster SF 1000 with full LCD functionality. it would be nice to know that it is something Fanatec/Microsoft are actively looking at sorting for the xbox