I'm New.

Hey all, just wanted to start being apart of this community and say HELLO. Just started this journey and ordered myself the Podium Racing Wheel F1. My first setup since I owned a old non force feedback wheel in 1999 playing Midtown Madness. Any of you remember that game at all? I was 9 years old. Anyways, starting to put together my setup and shopping around for a new rig setup to place the Podium Racing Wheel F1 on. Any suggestions?? I want a full rig ready for monitors, shifter, handbrake, the works. Anything helps, I just want to hear your opinions that could help me. Thanks.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Welcome Christopher! Midtown Madness was a great game. Way ahead of its time! Never played it with a wheel though.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Welcome to the community! The Podium F1 set is great, I’m sure you’ll have a great time with it.

• I Started on gran turismo 1 1997, with controller. Then Gran Turismo 2, with a mad cats wheel. Fell in love with sim racing right then. Then I fell victim to the opiate epidemic, around gt4. I didn't get a handle on it till Gt sport in 2017. Now I am waiting on my csl dd for Iracing and am going to retire the Thrustmaster T300 to the PS5 for GT7. Since they are holding the CSL DD PS5 addition until GT7 hits. (all speculation on the CSl PS5 DD) But at least I can say I am clean and have a 3500 driving sim rig now.

• Hello Christopher. You mentioning owning a non force feedback wheel took me back in time to my early days. I got the PC game racing bug so bad back in 1996 I actually started with a Joystick and then got a Thomas Super Wheel in early '97 (and I was in my late 30's!). It has (still own it) opposing springs to give resistance to steering, so it was sorta force feedback😉. I've been thru several entry level force feedback wheels/pedals since then. The titles I ran were Indy Car Racing and (mostly) the Nascar Racing Series of games from Papyrus. Now, as to suggestions for a rig, I tend to favor the extruded aluminum profile type. Very strong and stable. After doing my fair share of research, I recently got an Advanced Sim Racing ASR6 and so far love it. I also recently upgraded to the Podium Porsche GT3 Wheel setup on a DD1 and all is good as far as sturdiness goes. I hope all goes well for ya!