QR Lite too tight whilst it's open

Yesterday I received my new CSL DD with McLaren V2 wheel and QR Lite hub. 

Everything works fine, but there is one bug: the QR Lite hub fits very tightly in the base. You have to squeeze a lot to be able to fit the steering wheel.

In the videos you see on youtube and on fanatec's own website, the operation is not the same and it is positioned more lightly than what happens to me.

I have checked the position tab, the white indicator that appears when it is in the "open" position and the truth is that I am concerned about how hard it is. When I put the ring with the hub in position, and close it, it is fixed without problems. 

To remove the flywheel, you also have to use a lot of force to pull it out, when this should not be the case.

I don't know if it is a problem of design, mold, etc...but I am very concerned that this happens. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Mine is the same way. I put a little bit of silicone based oil on both the wheel side and base side connections. Makes it a bit easier to manage, but I have to make sure I have a firm grip with both hands, and apply a pretty significant amount of force to detach/ reattach.

I guess the silver lining in a way is that I've only got one wheel, so it's basically been a case of set it and forget it. I don't think I'd be too pleased if I had to swap wheels very often.

• Same here. A very tight fit. But I prefer it that way. Quite a few people have mentioned that their QR have some play and movement in them.

I too have only 1 wheel and have no reason to take the wheel out and so it has been left on since I gotten my gear and will most likely stay that way unless I have to move it elsewhere.

I do not wish to keep taking it out and fit it back on as that increases the risk of bending the pins. Safer than sorry.