My DD1 is dead after unsuccessfull driver update

Hi to all,

my DD1 wheel base seems to be dead, after i tried to update drivers manually recently. I have proceeded through the instructions, that came with new driver 415. After i installed the driver, the wheel base freezed, so i thought about restarting it. It could not be started since then.

I tried to disconnect and reconnect the powersupply.

I tried to connect the wheel base to different USB slot.

I tried reinstalling drivers to the former 409 version.

I tried to connect the wheel base to the laptop instead of PC.

Nothing has done the trick. When i press the start button on the wheel base, nothing happens. When i press it and hold it, the cooling fan starts to rotate, and the wheel begins the initial calibration with deviation of the steering wheel approximately 50° clockwise, but it does not return back. The Fanatec display does not turn on at all.

Also i should have mention, that the power supply whistles strangely, but i am assuming, that it has nothing to do with it, since it has been happening, since the wheel base came new, which was not even 6 months ago.

Did it happen to anyone, or could anyone help?

Thanks

Ondrej

Comments

• Hi Ondrej, i think you are another Victim of their crap Update Process, chances are your DD1 is now bricked and the best thing would be to Contact their Support regarding it, if you dig through these Forums you will see that their Updates do break Bases and Wheels on a regular basis.

• They really need to get this under control and at the very least enable the user to fix this issue when it does occur. I'm dreading updating my CSLDD when it arrives because it seems like a total lottery as to whether it'll get bricked and need sending back.

• I update my CSL DD right after I received it (415) and have not gone to the 423, when it came out.

Unless there is something I need in the update, I will just enjoy my functional base. 😏

• Thanks for responses. I also had a functional base, until a friend of mine told me, that i have to upgrade, if i want a functional telemetry on the base. Turned out, that who seeks diamonds, could easily lose gold 😀